Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Missing the lake but need some recovery time!

 I'm missing the lake, but my sunburn from Sunday needs some recovery time! We will be back at a lake over the weekend. Not ours but a neighbor friends! I'm looking forward to staying in a cabin and not camping. Don't get me wrong, I love sleeping in a tent, but I do enjoy bringing a lot less and having to do less to set up and take down all the stuff for the weekend. We will bring our jetski, sleeping bags, pillows and clothes that's it! 

We plan to go back to our lake and camp over the 4th of July, long weekend! 


Monday we said goodbye to our 22 year old Air conditioner. $4800 later and now its 2x bigger unit outside, quieter running and more energy efficient. We do need to replace the furnace this fall. Lucky for us, Steve is handy and can replace that ourselves.  A new furnace will run around $1500, so not as bad! 


We had a two docks over the last 20 years. Steve built one out of wood, buying dock parts to hook the sections together and poles for legs. That lasted a few years and we still use two sections of docking on the beach to be off the sand. We then got a old metal dock 30 ft from the neighbors when they got a new aluminum roll in. The dock was far too heavy for us to take in and out of the lake, so last year we had it removed for scrap metal. Now we are once again dock-less. Last night while at Menards we noticed they sell light weight aluminum dock systems for a lot less! Like around $2,800 vs $8K. So maybe next year we will get another dock once the other half of our beach is fixed. I'm hoping that will get done some time in August?? It would be nice to do it in June before the 4th, but won't happen in June or July as we want to vacation in Grand Maris and go to a few other places this summer. 

I have not lost as much weight as I would have liked by now. I'm not trying very hard. Just not happy with my weight! Time to get back to dieting and be on the losing side. It never gets easier to lose weight. Always a challenge! 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...