Saturday, November 12, 2022

Weekend....

 Friday felt like a weekend since Steve and I were both home at 11:30a.m. He starts a job on Monday. (thankfully!!!). We most likely will have to do some advertising. It all depends on if this next job, they sell their old house, so he can start working on their basement. Two jobs are still in limbo due to selling issues. Ugh! I just have to remind myself, that at least he can work. Not like when he had the eye accident. So it's just a matter of doing a little advertising which we hardly ever do. Most is word of mouth or past jobs calling for more work. Makes it easy as he has people waiting for work for months. There is work lined up in the spring too, once the weather is nice since it's outdoor work. I always tell people, T-day through the new year is the best time to get work done. Cheaper due to people holding off till after Jan 1st to get through the holidays. 


I found this new Asia mall in Eden Prairie just opened.  We will have to check it out once it's less busy. Sounds like parking is crazy right now. They must have just opened this week!

Speaking of opening up... Cliff road which they have closed down all spring/summer and fall is set to open on Nov 19th! Steve actually drove on the road and went past the road closed sign yesterday morning.  They will be closing down the road again in the spring to finish the Dodd road section where there will be a round about. So yet another full summer/fall of not being able to use Cliff Road! ugh! Can it just be done already? I'm hoping the phase 2 part since it's just a round about won't take up as much time. They did a lot of work to fix Cliff road, many retaining walls, divided road, landscape, bike paths and stop lights. A lot more involved than a round about. 


Since we were doing nothing Friday afternoon. We went to an early 4pm happy hour. Got the two for one deal in Farmington. Also drove down to Northfield to the brewery to play some cribbage and have a drink or two. Three drinks for the night and I was done. We also shared some Mac and cheese with BBQ pork which was delicious. I did make a crock pot of country style ribs, but we'll eat those today. It was more fun going out! 


I'm working this morning and then working on cleaning/organizing our house. I decided to have neighbor friends over for her birthday and asked the other neighbors to join us on Tuesday! I'll be making a pumpkin cheesecake and asian food for dinner. Chicken lettuce wraps, pork dumplings, egg rolls and some pork bites with a sweet asian soy sauce. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...