Saturday, September 19, 2026

Carver Park



 Steve and I camped last night an hour from home in Victoria MN at Carver park, Auburn lake. It was a beautiful campground. Only $22 per night plus an $8 booking fee and 2 nights min and I donated $5 to the park. in all around $57 for the 2 nights stay which is a lot cheaper then the cheapest hotel at $200 plus per night. We will stay again tonight. I booked the 2 nights because we had to do 2 nights on weekends and to set up the tent for tonight's after wedding stay which is 10 minutes away from the park. Perfect so we can still have a few drinks and not have to drive home an hour late at night. Which is not something I wanted to do. Plus, it's fun fall camping! 

Fried ice cream. I've never had this before and it was good. 

We lucked out with the weather. Rain all day, but some how there was a break in the rain around 5pm, right when we arrived to set up. I had planned to set up in the rain, packing so 1st out was the tent etc.. also put the other items in bags to prevent from getting wet. We set up our tent quickly then went to the small town of Victoria. It's a very walkable area and did some bar hopping, stopped to have dinner but again had to wait 35 minutes so did another bar hop while waiting and then had a Mexican dinner. A very nice mix of new and old buildings with lots of fun places to go. So glad we went the night before and were able to go explore a new town. 

Last night, we heard coyoties, a few planes, a train in the distance, a police or ambulence sirens and a growl at the corner of our tent where Steve left some tums in the tent pocket. It still was a quiet park and we mostly heard the light rain all night too. Temps only got down to 58 but it stayed 60 in our tent. I actually got hot as I was over dressed. 

We use a air mattress and put a thick foam mattress on top then a sleeping bag over and 2 extra's on top. for added warmth, we sometimes put a tarp up between the top and the screen of our tent, but we didn't do that since it wasn't going to be that cold.  Tonight its getting down to 54, a little chillier but still should be good sleeping temps. The rain also should be done and all can dry out. 



Exploring the park... walk to the beach

The beach with a fishing pier. We will have to bring the fishing stuff!! 
A wet spider web. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Carver Park

 Steve and I camped last night an hour from home in Victoria MN at Carver park, Auburn lake. It was a beautiful campground. Only $22 per nig...