Monday, February 1, 2021

A new project!

Since we picked up our new/ used couch from my daughter to use in our 4 season porch, I now need to recover our old couch ottoman. What ever I cover the ottoman with, it needs to go with the floor, rug and couch colors. 

There are many shades of grays. I'm thinking of just going black, fuzzy fur type covering. Kind of like the little ottoman we use in our kitchen. Weird, how the floor looks so brown in the photo, when in person its more dark grayish -brown. 
Here's the fabric/Faux rabbit fur that I used on our small kitchen ottoman. I think black would look best since I won't be able to match the grays in the room. I also noticed that this will help with it looking dirty after the dog keeps jumping up on it. I'm on the search to find fabric in the stores. I can get it on line but have to order either 2 or 6 yards nothing in between. I could use 2.5 to 3 yards and don't want to pay extra for more fabric! 

Once I finish this project on Tuesday, I'm moving on to my paint projects. Plus, lots of cross country skiing to get in some exercise. 



Steve and Celina both went skiing with me over the weekend. I finally remembered to wear my GPS, Garmin watch and its about 3.75 mile trail loop. Not as long 5 miles as the trails I usually ski, but it's a good 50 minute workout. I'll just add on the extra smaller loop to make it closer to 5 miles next time we ski at this park in Hastings. 

Since it's Feb, I took down the Christmas lights in the house that were around all the windows. No need to have up lights anymore since I wasn't turning them on. I can't say I'm sad to move on from January! Just need to get thought Feb which is another cold month and then the count down till green grass and spring! 44 days to go, but who's counting?? 

Speaking of spring! Time to up my diet plan. Fasting and low calories is my plan! 















No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...