Thursday, February 18, 2021

Over the dieting hump

 I'm on day #4!! I am over the three day hump. It not smooth sailing from here but I go through the hardest first days. Now to reach 100 and get to my goal! 

I usually don't weight myself right away. This way I'm not overly discouraged. I always under estimate my weight by a few pounds. So on day #4, I stepped on the scale. I'm not going to announce the number. Yes, I gained more weight the last few months then I should have. I'm on my way to getting rid of the weight, so no need to get down about my actual scale weight! I concentrate more on my body measurements and %fat. I took all those measurements on day 1 and will continue to do that every week. I'm avoiding the scale because some weeks you lose more than others. No need to discourage myself if I don't lose as much as I think I should have. I'm more all about fitting into my skinny clothes and feeling comfortable in my skin. 


I've been fasting most of the days. Lunch did consist of a few baby carrots with 1 TBSP of Ranch dressing. Dinner I made zucchini, onion/garlic and roasted cherry tomatoes with some red no sugar sauce. I did have a skinny slice of my homemade bread with garlic and parmesan cheese. Delicious, lots of flavor and a low calorie meal. I am trying to stay around 500 calories for the day. This fills me up and keeps me feeling like I'm starving! I even allow myself to have a few of my favorite PB pretzel nuggets. Usually 1 or 2 for the morning. I do eat dinner early since I am starving by 2:30/3pm. I am trying to hold off eating till 5 or 5:30pm. I just eat as much as I want of dinner. One meal is easier for me to control what I eat and lose weight, then to eat all day long. Monday on the start of week#2, I'll take my body measurements again and report my progress! I'm already feeling better after 3 full days of dieting. No loss of energy, not hungry feeling and ready to get done with day #4 of 100 days. 

I am setting up some mini rewards for my dieting accomplishments. Its non-food related rewards. 

Reward #1! Accomplishing 3 days of dieting! Getting the hardest part done, just starting a diet and sticking with it! Over the 3 day hump! 

What's my reward? A wireless speaker that is on sale at Target. It will be nice to listen to music if we go to a park, camp or boat this spring and summer. 

My next mini reward is after I finish week #1! I'm just not sure what the reward will be yet! TBD.... 




No comments:

Post a Comment

A day

 Sauk taking the dock out of the water for the season. Or at least trying to. Nothing ever is easy!! Steve was able to lift all the legs on ...