Thursday, February 18, 2021

Over the dieting hump

 I'm on day #4!! I am over the three day hump. It not smooth sailing from here but I go through the hardest first days. Now to reach 100 and get to my goal! 

I usually don't weight myself right away. This way I'm not overly discouraged. I always under estimate my weight by a few pounds. So on day #4, I stepped on the scale. I'm not going to announce the number. Yes, I gained more weight the last few months then I should have. I'm on my way to getting rid of the weight, so no need to get down about my actual scale weight! I concentrate more on my body measurements and %fat. I took all those measurements on day 1 and will continue to do that every week. I'm avoiding the scale because some weeks you lose more than others. No need to discourage myself if I don't lose as much as I think I should have. I'm more all about fitting into my skinny clothes and feeling comfortable in my skin. 


I've been fasting most of the days. Lunch did consist of a few baby carrots with 1 TBSP of Ranch dressing. Dinner I made zucchini, onion/garlic and roasted cherry tomatoes with some red no sugar sauce. I did have a skinny slice of my homemade bread with garlic and parmesan cheese. Delicious, lots of flavor and a low calorie meal. I am trying to stay around 500 calories for the day. This fills me up and keeps me feeling like I'm starving! I even allow myself to have a few of my favorite PB pretzel nuggets. Usually 1 or 2 for the morning. I do eat dinner early since I am starving by 2:30/3pm. I am trying to hold off eating till 5 or 5:30pm. I just eat as much as I want of dinner. One meal is easier for me to control what I eat and lose weight, then to eat all day long. Monday on the start of week#2, I'll take my body measurements again and report my progress! I'm already feeling better after 3 full days of dieting. No loss of energy, not hungry feeling and ready to get done with day #4 of 100 days. 

I am setting up some mini rewards for my dieting accomplishments. Its non-food related rewards. 

Reward #1! Accomplishing 3 days of dieting! Getting the hardest part done, just starting a diet and sticking with it! Over the 3 day hump! 

What's my reward? A wireless speaker that is on sale at Target. It will be nice to listen to music if we go to a park, camp or boat this spring and summer. 

My next mini reward is after I finish week #1! I'm just not sure what the reward will be yet! TBD.... 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...