Saturday, March 20, 2021

What's happened this week?

Celina's 1st car, 2009 Kia Optima was towed away Friday morning. She was kind of sad to see it go since it still was a good running car. Just had far too much damage from the hail dents. It also had the engine light on, needed new tires soon, the inside driver side visor was broken, some other paint peeling and some chunks taken out of the plastic on the mirrors. Plus the breaks were grinding. Thankfully, I was able to find 2 similar for sale cars that were more than what insurance wanted to pay out. I ended up getting her $1000 more for her car! She will be working to save up more money and I suppose we will put a few thousand in to help her get a new/used car. I'm hoping she will wait till August since she really doesn't need a car till fall. In the mean time, she can use my car or Logan's. We had her car parked  for almost the entire year during our stay home, stay safe from Covid. She was on line learning and didn't have a job. 

One last photo of her car in the driveway. 


Logan is in Huntsville Alabama for his senior year, spring break with friends. Left Friday morning on a friends private jet. This one was only a 4 seater. 
I'm not sure when they plan to drive to Panama Beach Florida for a few days. I'm guessing Sunday or Monday. It's a 6 hour drive to the beach from where they are currently. 

We have another house project to work on. I need new backsplash tile behind our stove. I want Steve to make a decorative built into the wall shelf behind the stove. We need to match what we already have on the wall. which is the tile below! 

It's slate tiles. I found smaller tiles at the Tile Shop, but they didn't have enough in stock at the store close to home. They were having some trouble locating more at another store since the computer wasn't recognizing the lot numbers. I'll try to call around to get some at other stores. Its not a perfect match, but close enough! I might just check out other places that carry tile to see if they have any other better selections. 


I also want to change out our kitchen handles on the cabinets. I found this kitchen photo of a combo of handles that I like in mat black.

Instead of looking so much at the daily positive Covid numbers, I've been more interested in the number of people being vaccinated in Minnesota on a daily/weekly basis. Here is the numbers for the day we were vaccinated on March 17th, St. Patty's Day! 34 thousand and we were part of that number! Over 2 million getting at least one jab! Unfortunately, we found out yesterday one of our neighbor friends that owns a restaurant in town, has Covid. We also were notified by our school district that a lot more kids have been testing positive and going back to in person school for middle and High school is delayed again till late April as of right now. Covid positive kids are ticking up as they are playing sports. 
We've all felt pretty tired this past week with the time change, Spring ahead! I didn't take any before or after photos of the kids bathroom, but I painted it a light almost white color. Not sure we love the color, but it's lighter and brighter in the window-less small bathroom. It's only paint and can be changed! I still need to find a picture to put up in the bathroom. I did find a cute fuzzy cow picture at TJ Maxx or a Buffalo photo but not sure the kids would like that or not? 

I've got the basement to paint next. I'll have to take a before photos. Just don't look at all the stuff down there! Kind of messy with the kids using it to workout and to store all of Don's belongings. I'm hoping to have the drive to get this done next week! It's on my todo list! Along with outside mulch/rocks re-fresh. Paint touch ups on the doors/trim and switching out kitchen handles, tiling the backsplash and picking out tile for our shower re-do! Just a few things on the todo list but we are making progress!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...