Saturday, April 24, 2021

New New and more new!!

Celina and I drove to Northfield yesterday afternoon in search of a new bike. Her favorite Diamondback bike was stollen at college. We had purchased a replacement cheap mountain bike, but it was heavy and slow. Plus, a little too big for her small frame. We found a new used (year old) Trek bike for sale in NorthField. I didn't want to waste any time going to look at the bike. Bikes are in short supply, due to being backordered for at least 6 months! We can't wait that long since she wants to ride this summer! 



This bike was orig close to $800 and we got it for the 1year old used price of $550! Not too bad since I didn't want to spend over $600 on a bike! It's light gray and the TREK is in a lime green. We replaced the handle grabs that were a little dirty and also lime green with just black to tone down the bright color. Plus added a water bottle cage. The bike has a few dings on it, but in all a great new/used bike for her. I can't wait to ride it myself!


We parked right across the street from this CakeWalk bakery. Why not try a 1/2 dozen of their cupcakes. We all shared them splitting them up four ways. My favorite, sprinkled, carrot cake and the gluten free white chocolate raspberry. Actually, they were all really good! 


The weather is cruddy this weekend with 40's, rain/snow combo both Saturday and Sunday with the warm up Monday in the 70's! So much for doing anything outside! 

We do have to place a Menards order before the 11% expires, last day today! We are still in need of a pantry microwave oven. I also want to look at solar power for camping this summer to charge our phones, maybe have heat power for fall camping! Which reminds me, I need to check the watts on the heater before looking for a carrying size solar unit/panels. 

We also have home projects, with limited tools due to Steve leaving them at the job he is working on. I think we have enough around the house to get some little things done, trim? Indoor Painting? All good things to get done on a cruddy weather weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...