Wednesday, May 12, 2021

U of M and a Brewery

 Steve had an eye appointment at the UofM, they are still not allowing anyone other than the patient into the building. I waited for 2 hours at the park along the Mississippi River front. I actually paid for parking which was only $3, compared to $8 when we parked in the ramp across the street from the office. Cheaper and a better view. 

The eye appointment went good. So no bad news is good news! Eye pressure was down a bit, but not as far as it should be. So new drops for Steve! We stopped at Venn Brewery on the way home to sit outside on the patio and have a drink. After we stopped at his parents house for another beer and picked up dinner at cub, fried chicken and some Mac & cheese. Yes, not diet foods at all. 


I've got to pick up the diet pace. I'm eating around 1800 calories per day. Far too many to drop weight! I also need to work back up to running at least 3 miles a day. Right now I'm kind of stuck at 1 mile and done. Being overly cautious about my feet since I don't want to be injured and not able to walk/ run. I just think it's time to up it more. Biking also in the afternoons or mornings will help burn calories. I just need to get off the couch and do it! My left arm is still bothering me, so no lifting weight yet! 

Last weeks work outs: 

3 times running for a total of 3 miles

Biking one day, 8 miles total. The week before I did bike 22 miles so I just need to get in a daily bike ride. With the weather being better every day, I'll have more opportunity to bike. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

A day

 Sauk taking the dock out of the water for the season. Or at least trying to. Nothing ever is easy!! Steve was able to lift all the legs on ...