Tuesday, June 22, 2021

I have a camping equipment problem!

 I do have a camping equipment buying problem, in that I can't stop! I purchased yet another pop up large tent to use this summer. The popup tent I had purchased in the spring with the extra door covering awning and the back room for bag storage just was not wide enough. They made the tent 3 feet short to allow for that back area. That tent is a nope! We still have the tent and the kids can you that one or guests in the future that want to camp with us but don't have a tent. I wanted a smiler tent to our orig pop-up. This one is the same size, but has room darkeninig fabric and sky lights to view the stars at night. This will be perfect for beach camping at the lake as it will block out the solar lights and the early morning sun. It could potentially be too hot during the day hours, but no one goes into the tents during the hottest part of the day! Can't wait to try this new tent over the 4th of July! 

I also had to purchase more lights to hang up in the tents, another indoor/ outdoor  7 x 10 ft light weight tent rug, it feels super nice on the feet in the tent and prevents having to walk on the cold, crinkly tent flooring. What else did I purchase for camping? Another $3 dollar collapsible hamper for recycling cans and water bottles. We have one for garbage but I wanted another to recycle items.  We use to just have a garbage bag hang from a tree branch. This controls the garbage situation much better. Plus it take up a very small amount of space to bring along. 

The camping bag shower with spray nozzle worked great to rinse off. I did purchase a new 6 gallon water jug with pour spout to make it easier to refill the shower bag. I do need to place this bag in the sun to warm up during the day, then hang on a branch to use at night or in the morning to wash hair. 

The only other thing I'd like is a reclining chair or a foot rest for my folding chair. I use two chairs to prop up my feet to relax most of the time. It would just be nice to find a chair with the foot rest as an option. I might need to search for that kind of chair!

I've been looking at a few places to Hipcamp this weekend. Not sure Steve is up for camping as he had some disappointing news yesterday afternoon. I would really like to do a getaway for the weekend, bike and tube but now we are in limbo. Fingers crossed Steve snaps out of it and wants to have some fun over the weekend. 

If we are staying home, I have home projects I'd like to try doing. I am thinking of switching the lights from the front rooms around. Hang the new light in the sitting room and the chandler in the office after I spray paint it mat black! 

No working for me today. I'm just mowing the grass, biking and making a few calls plus running some errands to get some more camping stuff. lol. The camping stuff I need is simple, just some key rings to make it easier to open the tent zippers on the doors. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...