Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Already Mid Week, Can we just be more positive!

 It's already Wednesday and I haven't made much of my week. I did manage to mow the front and back yard yesterday with trimming the long grass edges. Glad to have all those mini growing trees in our back yard GONE! Once again it looks like a nice yard! I was saving the mowing for when it wasn't 90*F, so it was a good thing I had two days in a row of 60-70's. Today we are back in the heat 90's! 



I always try to start off my day positive. Quiet morning with the kids asleep, yoga and planning my day, some internet time and blogging with a few emails. Some days, Steve is all wound up and starts his day complaining about what ever he can find, which is a lot! As a child my parents would a lot of times start yelling the minute they woke up. I felt sooo angry just hearing the anger. I could wait to get out of the house to start fresh. It really bothers me when I hear any loud talking, yelling or complaining in the morning. It's a trickle down effect and starts to make me feel anxious, and mad at the person causing me to not have a happy start to my day. I try talking to him about the way it makes me feel, no one should have to start off their day angry. It's learned, unfortunately from his mother always finding something to complain about. Doesn't matter how many hoops you jump through to anticipate what is going to set them off, they will FIND something to bitch about. It's a vicious cycle and I try to make him see what he is doing and to switch the subject. I'm not always successful and it can make things worse. What to do? 


For Logan's graduation we are buying him a laptop. Well come to find out, Architecture requires an expensive laptop! We are looking at $2800 about $1800 more than I wanted to spend! Yikes! We might get some financial aid from the college if I fill out a form. Guess they do give extra to this degree program knowing its more of a cost. Fingers crossed we get at least a little aid?? 

I finally booked our Hip camp for the weekend. Its a new camping place on a farm. We will bring the bikes and skip tubing this year. The kids plan to go with, so they will tube down the river while we find something else to do. 
While in Brainerd last weekend, I found some cute stickers. I cost saved on the items and just took a photo of the ones I liked. 


We spent far too much eating out last weekend. So it's meal planning and trying to use up what we have in the freezer. Last night we used up a box of 1/2 opened pasta noodles, and some frozen grilled veggies in the freezer with a jar of pesto. Made for a good meatless meal! I do need to start taking inventory of what we have on hand and what to make for dinners. 

Since we are camping this weekend. I want to plan out a few meals to cook and not eat out! Tonight we will have pizza's since we have lots of fresh motzerilla, pesto and veggies with basil. Just one more dinner to plan this week. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...