Tuesday, July 13, 2021

North shore..

 Oh it felt good to be outdoors 24-7 last week, back up on the North shore. It was just me and Steve for the trip but we have plans in August to be back up there with the kids. 

I had a bit of vacation depression yesterday afternoon. I felt a bit like a zombie and couldn't snap out of it and it was painful. I even tried caffeine, which helped a little to make me feel less tired. It took cooking dinner (forcing myself to go thought the motions) and after dinner (must have been hungry) because I felt back to normal. I do know this depression feeling was short lived, only a few hours but it felt just awful. I feel for people having long bouts of depression. It's not like you can snap out of it. You just feel off, really off and not able to get your head up, like your treading water but not wanting to because it's too hard to even breathe. I do have times where I am just unmotivated, wanting a nap away the day, but not a true fog where I am a zombie. Glad that went away quickly. Anyone else experience this after vacations? 


It truly is my happy place, to be outside camping. We got our favorite camp spot at Baker Lake. 
We made a camp breakfast every morning. Pancakes or crepes, potatoes and eggs. 
We always buy some local maple syrup in Lutsen. So good on fresh made pancakes! 
Our stop at Lutsen resort. Lots of weddings this time. 

I painted lots of rocks. Steve went out fishing on Lake Superior while I painted. It was very relaxing. 

some of my rocks. I left some behind for others to find and enjoy. 

Grand Marais Roof top drinks. 
Some brewery beers
More rocks painted at Lutsen
Kayaking on Lake Superior and a river. 
Stopping for Maple Syrup.
Getting cell reception at one remote location by the lake. 

The new car all loaded for its first camping trip to the North Shore!
Animals we saw, fox, deer and some bugs, spiders, and butterflies. A lot of mosquitoes too! 
Making Crepes with Raspberry jelly. 























No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...