Saturday, November 13, 2021

ideas???

 

I'm always on the look out for some DYI gifts. I like the mini bar in a jar. Might have to be a stocking stuffer?





Candies in a jar work too instead of alcohol. 

Friday night we went out to a new brewery close to home in Burnsville. Went with a  few neighbors for dinner and drinks. After we went back to a neighbors house and played Jackbox on the TV. It was fun but I did awful the last few rounds. Still was a good time and a fun night out. 

We are going to get a few inches of snow later on this afternoon and night. While I'm looking forward to skiing, I can wait forever for the cold. I'm already wanting to go camping again... hurry up winter to just get this over and done again! Seems we put our lives on hold for a few months of summer every year. 

What else am I doing? Tried to sleep in a bit this morning since I was awake for at least an hour last night, then fell back to sleep till 7am. I worked for an hour, picking up two new customers. Always good to have more work and earn more money. I'm a bit depressed for the college money owed for Logan last semester. We gave him some money, but then he had more due and now he won't have enough for spring. Well, have to come up with the difference and he will also have to look into working. I was hoping between financial aid, and loans he would have enough to pay for all. It leaves around half to pay every year which is $12K! Living and food expenses and books. My other two were able to get by with loans and savings but for some reason he doesn't get as much and financial aid also hasn't increased while college cost keep going up and up! We will help him out as much as possible but it's up to him to figure it out. We certainly want him to finish 4 years of college. Maybe if he lived at home? Go go a college closer to home? 


Steve has an eye appointment this week. We will finally schedule his iris implant for January. He will need at least a month off from work as he won't be allowed to lift anything over 20 pounds. Fingers crossed his cornea still looks good and he will be able to have the surgery. This will improve the look of this iris, and he won't have to wear a contact lens for the color correction. The blue color always fads and doesn't last very long, so the iris implant will be a huge improvement and could help him see better. 




I'm thinking the kids need a new sink in their bathroom. The sink they have doesn't seem to drain the water and it pools up, leaving a water stain, just a mess. So time to switch it out. Good thing we have Menards rebate money to spend so it won't cost us anything. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...