Monday, November 8, 2021

It's coming... Winter!!

 We have a few more days of nice fall like weather in the upper 50's till Wednesday and after the temp starts to drop down from there to the 30s. Guess it is November and reality has to set in! We do have a chance to get some snow, Yes SNOW by Friday! I'm okay with snow if it's going to be at least 5" so I can cross country ski. Any less, no thank you! I do need to get a ski pass asap so I'm ready to go! It's only $20 or $25 a very good deal and I get my money's worth since I ski till the first week of march. I go any day there is enough snow, the trails are in good condition meaning not ice or bald spots. 


I've been far too much of a couch potato lately. I want to lose at least 30 pounds. Seems everyone is on some kind of diet. Time to join them and drop some weight. I plan to make some chicken Thai soup tomorrow so I'll have a low cal lunch/dinner on hand. Plus, stock up on veggies and fruit for a quick meal that is low in calorie. I also need to up my exercise. I do try and run with Zoey at least a mile. It doesn't happen every day like it should. I just need to get up and move in the afternoons. I've been dealing with me being overly tired every afternoon. Not sure why I'm sooo drained? I am going to try getting some afternoon caffeine in me to pep me up. Maybe this will help so I'll want to do something, other then lay on the couch all afternoon/evening. To be fair, I do get about 2 to 4 hours of exercise every morning. I just need to do more with my day and not waste them away like I have been doing. 


It sure was nice having Logan home this weekend for his birthday! He wanted me to change his train ticket for t-day weekend to earlier. So I was able to do that and now he comes home on Friday the 19- Sunday the 28th. He will leave Sunday at 8am, but he will be home for over a week!!! 4 weeks later, he will be home for the Christmas holidays for at least a month! 

This will be the first time taking a train, which is a 6 hour ride from Milwalkee to Minneapolis. It's just a lot cheaper to ride the train than to fly. I might look into a one way ticket home flying and then train ride back or vise versa. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...