Sunday, January 23, 2022

What's on my mind?

 #1 baking is on my mind. I wanted to try using Celina's dairy, gluten free cookie recipe and make some variations. I do think the sugar needs to be scaled back in some of the cookies. 

I just used the base recipe and added in some changes to each of the cookies. This one is a cinnamon swirl. Should have used a finer tip pastry bag to pipe the cinnamon swirl on top. A good amount of cinnamon with or without a frosting on top. 

A version of a thumb print cookie. Needed Almond extract added to the dough. I did add it to the frosting. Again too sweet, needs sugar reduced. 

Molasses cookie turned out good, but didn't have all the spices for a true spiced cookie. 
The sprinkle cookie was perfect! Carrot cake cookie a fail. I just didn't like it. 




The progress on the kids bathroom? Not much! The shower base/floor cured for a full 24 hours. Steve determined that it probably doesn't need skim coat. It's at the right height! He also looked at the shower plumbing and complained a little how you pay that much and it's just not right. Who makes these things! Not people who install them. 


The shower doors had arrived last week, so we picked them up from the store even though we aren't ready to install. We had no where else to put them, so they are now in my front sitting room. 

I too a covid test yesterday. Just felt a little like I was on the verge of getting a cold. Nope, negative. I'm the only one in our family that had not had covid! Am I missing out! lol.. My customer did go get tested, so they paid me and sent me on my way. Nice! No work and still got paid! Plus added a Christmas bonus/tip! 


The next big decision we are making. What color grout for the white tiles. A few to choose from!

Steve's mustache is gone! Took off 10 years! Thankfully, he only had it a few weeks! I'm not a mustache person! 


Yet another -8*F Day! I'm staying inside!!! We did get about 3" of snow last night, more tonight in the 1 to 3" range again. It will be nice to have fresh snow for when the temps are back into the 20's for me to cross country ski. 

Since it's a 100% indoor day, I'm back to doing our business taxes/data entry of all receipts and finishing up our tax report to give to the accountant by mid February. 


What am I excited about? A Taco Bell opening up by the lake! Another food choice when camping! We also are getting another Taco Bell by our house! Seems they are always building banks, churches or dumb boring businesses like Auto fix it places or insurance selling etc.. 


What else am I doing today? Soaking my feet to get the rest of the peeling skin off from that foot bootie soak I did a few weeks ago. 

Back to dieting. I had two beers last night while playing cards. Two on Friday night. Back to eating less and losing weight! 

I have been doing my daily planks, and lifting weights. Just not interested in getting on the cross ramp. I need to do that before I am to have a meal for the day! Might get me motivated!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...