Monday, May 2, 2022

1 night mini trip to Duluth

 Spring trip to see the water gushing up north! It did not disappoint! It must be a record high amount of water with all the snow and rain they just got up north. 

We drove up to Duluth Sunday morning leaving extra early to make it up there by 11 or earlier. Just made a quick stop at Mc'd for a strawberry smoothy. 


We drove past Duluth on the way to Gooseberry falls for our first stop of our trip.

It was a drizzle, on off kind of cloudy day in the  upper 40's, low 50's. 

I have never seen so much water. Rushing so fast and very scary. It was an incredible site to see. 










We grabbed some lunch at our favorite pie/lunch place. I got the walleye so no sharing food!

Everything was homemade! delicious! 
They had all these cute, funny signs that I need to paint on rocks from the north shore! 


A foggy day too! 


We drove back to Duluth for the brewery and some cribbage. 

Also saw some deer, people surfing on Lake Superior and of course all the rocks.




Last, we checked into our hotel, Black Bear for the night. Did some gambling. I found three $50's folded up on the floor. I picked them up, looked around and no one was around or claimed the money. So finders Keepers!!
I played the nickel games and put in $46 total. 



We did a tiny bit of gambling in the morning. I was done with my left over money and added another $6, so I came over to watch Steve gamble. He got down to $100 and I said okay, lets go. He wanted to do a few more and then Boom! Hit the Jackpot, Royal Flush! Won $1285.00! Made for a nice ending to our mini trip! 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...