Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Down 1 inch!

 That's right! Down one more inch on my waist this week! For every inch lost is supposed to equal 4 pounds of weight loss. I sure hope that is correct! I've gone down a total of 5-1/2 inches, but since I didn't measure my waist till day #9 and I could have lost at least 5 pounds that's another inch lost for a total of 6-1/2 inches or 24 pounds total lost. 

Do I feel like I've lost at least 24 pounds? Yes, my tops are fitting so much looser. Tank tops and my zip up jackets used to be very tight and now they have extra room. I was feeling very uncomfortable in my clothes when I started this diet. My jeans were skin tight and the waist was uncomfortably tight. Now my jeans are saggy and I can pull them off and not even unbutton or unzip them. Has anyone really noticed my weight loss? Yes and no. My family said yes after prompting them. No other customers have said you lost weight! I'm waiting for that to occur. Some haven't seen me in a few weeks. I might need to lose another 10 pounds for anyone to say something. 


I have an idea! Keep losing weight! I'd like to lose at least 50 pounds and I'm half way there! I only started this diet on Nov 30th. It's now January 10th. 42 days of dieting. Can I expect in another 42 days I will reach my goal weight? That would be Feb 21st.

I haven't always been sticking to 500 calories per day this is what this week looks like

                                      Day:          Ate:          Burn:
                                  Wednesday      660        708
                                  Thursday        790.        600
                                    Friday        920.       672
                              Saturday        1120.      400
                                 Sunday.       1250.      300
                                 Monday       580.        400
                  Tuesday      (today)


What have I been doing to burn calories

Cross country skiing
Gym biking and lifting weights
Working /Cleaning 

What do I mostly eat

nothing for breakfast, did eat on Christmas morning
Lunch - popcorn 3 cups
Dinner - Soups mostly. Loaded with veggies. 
Snacks- pomogranates or some humas/ Guac with pita rice or corn chips. 

I've kept it simple most days, making a large pot of soup or having a can of veggie soup that I know the actual calories. It's a guessing game of calories even if I look it up. 
The popcorn I have a container that I just pour a set amount into. Never eating out of the bag. 

Does it matter if I'm not at 500 calories per day. No, but I'd like to be around that number to lose weight fast.
Do I feel hungry? Yes, usually for lunch and then I'm good till diner but want to eat early around 4:30pm. I usually hold off till 5:00 or 6pm. Eating actually makes me want to eat more after diner. I added a pomogranate in the evening as an after dinner treat. 

Do I plan to change anything? 
Yes, more exercise. Ski and gym most days of the week and up intensity of biking at the gym. 

Weekends are always going to be higher calorie days. I want to live a little. I do have a drink (beer while out) maybe more. I try to keep it to just one drink. Also sharing food and having the smaller portion. Only having a few fries or picking something that isn't fried. 

Morning exercise some yoga stretches
Dumb bells and a 1 min plank to start my day. 

Little changes has added up to lost inches around my waist and hips. 

Hips have gone down some too, but more slowly 
at 3" total lost. Could be 4" from the start? I'm sure once I am doing more cross country skiing that will also shrink. 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...