Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Maintenance phase of weight loss journey?

 I've been in the maintain phase instead of losing in my weight loss journey. It's a balance right now between being away on weekends, living life and not gaining weight back that I lost. 

Here's what I have been doing and not. 

I injured my knee back on Memorial Day and that took at least 2 weeks to recover. I still worked and did bike a few times and lifted weights while I was recovering. I call that a win for doing what I could at that time. It was just painful walking and getting around. 

I do track calories as much as I can while on vacation/gone for the weekends. I do splurge on having a few drinks etc. lately, I realized I can switch to just a seltzer with some fruit and a spritz of juice for taste or none at all and just have fruit muddled. This way, I still feel like I'm having a drink with out all the calories. I just tried this last night and it was a win/win for me! Loved the idea of a mock-tail. 

I finally got back to the gym yesterday where I was able to do the stairs again. I'm back down from level 8 to 6, because I wanted to be cautious on my knee the first day back. No need for setbacks. I felt great and so did my knee. I can now up it to 7 or 8 no problem! 

Dieting and being in a calorie deficit around 1000- 1500  cal per day is a little bit more difficult. I do fine until dinner. That's where I consume most of my calories. Some days I eat a popcorn breakfast, but mostly skip that. Lunch is still mostly popcorn with whatever for dinner. I snack also on fruit, sometime human and pita chips for a little more of something different. 


I just have 10 to 15 pounds left that I'd like to lose. Not sure why these last pounds are so tough. I thought I had dieting down. I just need to get back to eating less and working on that part. I've been stuck at the same measurements for weeks. I keep staying it's time to get back on track, then we are gone on the weekends and I don't record what I eat to track. There is no point in measuring this week. 

Coming up to week #30 tomorrow. This needs to be a start fresh week, but not start over. Just a count every calorie and plan ahead my food to stay within  1000 cal to lose the last 10 pounds. Should take 10 weeks to lose a pound a week! So week #40 is the goal! September! Sad to think summer will be over but it will anyway. Might as week work towards my goals. 

With my ex having a heat attack it makes you realize just how important it is to eat healthy and be in a normal body range. Keep moving and making progress every day! 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...