Wednesday, July 19, 2023

The weekend came early! From the City to the woods!

 My weekend is starting early. This was a two day work week. Kind of nice that it worked out that way and Steve has the ability to take time off between projects too. 

We are heading up to the North Shore. Last time we were there was the first week in October. 9 months ago! Not counting Duluth this spring because we didn't go past Gooseberry falls. We leave tomorrow morning early and will come home Monday. Just me and Steve this time around. 

I want to bring my electric bike and of course we will bring the kayaks. Since it's just the two of us, we bring a lot less stuff. One big tent and only 2 chairs a folding table and three sleeping bags. Plus, we will bring the cooking stuff/grill, mats, rugs and coolers. I need to make sure the lantern is charged up and ready to go. 

Diet wise, I'm still a work in progress. I didn't go to the gym like I was planning yesterday. Instead I did some errands, making two returns, and going to Costco. 

I only ate 1650 calories and burned just 300 from working. Not bad for having pizza for lunch and bread with cheese for dinner along with some chocolate treats. 

We usually stop in Duluth for a night and to do a little gambling. We are skipping that since we spent a small fortune in Chicago on meals. We are pretty tired of eating out, so I'm sure we will mostly cook and only go to town for drinks on the roof top in Grand Marais. Otherwise, I want to cook our own food. Some how when you cook in the woods or next to the water, everything tastes 100% better! 

Weather wise, its going to be in the upper 70's away from the lake and around 68/69 next to the lake. Might have some storms on Saturday during the day, but not in all areas. We will just plan our day around any rain. 

It's already past the middle of July and the summer is going by so fast. I just wasted the day away by not going to the gym or bike yesterday. I did set up the hammock in the back yard and took a short nap after doing some internet news reading. I'll probably sit out there again this afternoon if it's dry and not raining. I think later on we are going to maybe get more rain?? I should also go to the gym and get in a bike ride. I just needed some down time after our busy 4 days in Chicago walking everywhere. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...