Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Grand Marias, 1st trip there of the summer 2023!

 We decided to go back to Lake Clara. It has been at least 3 years since we've camped in that location. The last time we were there, we had to quickly move in 30 minutes and get out of that camp spot due to it being closed for Covid. We didn't know and had set up, came back just 30 minutes before dark, only to find a note on our table to vacate. We just set up down the road where you can camp anywhere. Worked just fine, but not what we were wanting to do! 


This view of GM was taken from the camp ground in town. We noticed they made a nice park and fixed the boat launch area. 

We did a long shore line walk from the Cascade rest stop that you need a park sticker to ? Steve stopped at the point were we couldn't go any farther along the shore and made a rock stack. 



We also biked down this logging road to a lake 2.5 miles in. Found a nice camp spot only accessible by a 4 wheeler. 

Not my best work, but I painted some rocks. 


Tried to copy some seagulls. I left two of the rocks at Lutsen resort for others to find. 






























No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...