Thursday, August 24, 2023

Thursday.. yes we are still hot and very humid! Aug 24th

 Thankfully, its still August. I hate when summer ends. It just never lasts long enough. I'm already sad that Logan will be back to college and we won't see him until November. We will miss celebrating his 21st birthday with him. We will have to make his coming home extra special on Thanksgiving. One good thing is that he is in his 3rd college year, almost done! We will at least have him home for one more summer, I think? 

I have a very, busy work day ahead. I'm looking forward to it being done! One more good positive note, I might pick up a referral! I sure hope so! I should start advertising to pick up a few more new clients this fall. 

I'm looking forward to going to the State Fair even though it's going to be 88*F! HOT. There are a few new foods I am wanting to try this year. Mainly the cheesecake cheese curds with strawberry sauce and the birthday cake mini donuts. There was also a corn dog covered in tater tots and dipped in nacho sauce that also sounds good. I think this is the first year I'm excited about the new fair foods to try. Usually, I just want the roasted corn, regular mini donuts and a few cheese curds plus the garlic fries. I'm sure we will still have the favorites too, but just not the regular mini donuts. It's going to be a day of lots and lots of walking! Not sure if I want to wear tennis shoes or my sandals? Maybe bring both? Just seems hot to wear tennis shoes all day! I also don't want a repeat of Chicago when my feet hurt from all the walking. Not sure what I want to wear either?? A black skirt and what top? hum...?? Didn't really want to wear black tank with that but ? 

We most likely will stay home again this weekend. I'd like to go somewhere but I think after the fair we will be pretty tired the next day. It would be too much to plan a lot of biking, camp set up etc all for one day.  We will just bike around here or take the kayaks fishing. Something will be planned. Maybe a picnic somewhere too as the temps will be a lot cooler, back in the mid 70's to 80+F will less humidity. 

I have my drivers license to update which I plan to do on Monday. I'll have to style my hair. Still thinking of getting bangs as I guess it's the new look for fall. We've had no bangs for years. I just don't want them in my face. We will see if I can actually go thorough with getting them again. 

I'm almost out of readers too. I keep breaking my glasses. Time to get a few more dollar store pairs to have around the house! I can handle coloring my hair to get rid of the grays, but the eye sight is not fun. I hate not being able to read or see anything up close without my readers. I'm sure soon I'll have to work with readers chained around my neck. I'm putting off that day even though I could probably use them right now. 

We need to mow the grass once it cools off and tar the driveway. Might be good Sunday/Monday projects. I also need to power wash the front rug. It's looking a little dirty and Zoey peed on it when we didn't let her out the other night. She was barking to let us know, but no one got up. Ugh! I should probably do that today so it can dry in the heat. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...