Friday, August 18, 2023

Tired in the afternoons.

 I can't seem to move in the afternoon. Is it a habit or am I really tired? I do need some down time, but I take that too far and end up on the phone reading the news or on Tic Tok for hours. I usually am so tired I end up napping. Not exactly a productive way to spend my afternoons. I can't see to get out of the habit. I want to do little to nothing around noon to 3pm. I was doing great for a while as I would go to the gym and then allow myself to watch Tic Tok while on the stair stepper. I just make excuses that I did enough in the morning and I need a break. I never end up going to the gym or moving much the rest of the day. 

It's time to change that! I'm forcing myself out the door today and going for a bike ride. I'll pack up the bike and take it to Hastings. A different path and ride then just the 10 mile around the area loop. Which reminds me, I'd better check the charge!

I made chicken lettuce wraps last night for dinner per Celina's request. They turned out great considering that I was rushing to make them. We ended up eating late since I was at the store buying everything at 5:30pm. I also made brownies. Just been craving chocolate lately. Not good to have around since I want to lose weight again and not gain! 

This weekend we are staying home. It's going to be 90+F so most likely will boat on the St Croix river and eat in Hudson Saturday or Sunday. There is also the St. Paul Farmer Market and wine tasting along the river too. We couldn't decide where to go and wanted to save Laneboro for cooler temps where we could kayak and bike. Probably in September or next weekend?? 

Steve's aunt from France, Annie is here for a few more weeks till Sept 4th. We probably will never see her again as she is in her 80's. I'm guessing this will be the last visit to MN for her. Doubt Steve and I will ever get back to France. The kids might go next summer, but we won't be able to take that much time off from work. 

I had a bad work week! Yikes. It all turned out fine after thankfully. One house I couldn't get to due to road construction. Ended up spending over an hour in the car! Made a white spot by spilling Isopropyl Alcohol on a customers wood floor that lives in our neighborhood! I've never seen that happen before! Not sure how the alcohol spilled out since it was the only item that was out of my container and the top came off too. Which was weird!! At any rate, they let me go, but know it was an accident. Oh well,. better than the alternative which is getting me to pay for a new finished floor! Yikes!!! They have a lot of hard wood! They already had issues with the finish bubbling up, so at least that was good it wasn't just done. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...