Sunday, August 6, 2023

Weekend at home.

 Well, so much for all the rain that was predicted this weekend! I think I saw two drops. 

We did get a big project done on our side yard that I had been wanting to do for years! We got rid of all the branch piles on the side of the house and loaded up all the wood that was laying against the fence and along the side of the house. We missed the drop off by 3 minutes and now we have a truck full of wood. We have to wait till 8am on Monday to drop it off, or pay to have it gone! 

We were going to pick up rocks to freshen up the rocks along the house, but with the truck full and not being able to get rid of all that wood, it was a no go. So that's where we ended yesterday on the yard. I did mow down all the trees growing in the grass and semi tackled the raised bed to mow down more trees growing. I need to spray weed killer and then it should look better. Maybe next year we will freshen up that area with mulch again. It's a huge area, so lots and lots of mulch! 

We took Annie to Mpls last night and went to Malcome yard for dinner. After we took her to the Fishy tower, up on the 30th floor. Didn't seem that high up compared to Chicago 103rd floor!! It was still a pretty view and we went just as the lights were turning on the buildings. I got a few nice photos. 
































No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...