Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Acid Reflux?

 So here I might have acid reflux! I've been coughing every morning and mostly after I eat for maybe a year? or longer? I finally went to the doctor to see what she thought I had. I also had blood work to rule out thyroid issues, which the Dr didn't think I had. So now I'm taking Prilosec for a week or two to see if that helps. I also have some nasal over the counter spray to also try the following week. So far I think the Prilosec is helping after just one pill! I didn't realize I would have acid reflux since I'm not getting heart burn all the time. Who knew!! Glad I'm not feeling like I need to cough and get my throat cleared from drainage. That feels awful, like you have a cold in your throat all the time. I will be put on some other not  bad for your liver meds for acid reflux if the Prilosec works. I just didn't really want to be on pills forever. Ugh!! Well, it's either that or don't eat anything spicy, etc.. which I just want to eat what I want. 

I've also discovered I like having iced coffee. I started out wanting to try some coffee flights a year ago and then last week I bought some pumpkin spiced coffee and some whipped cream spiced. What a great combo. Now I want to drink a coffee every day. I did try a hot coffee today and found out I really like it iced and diluted better. I've been a hold out coffee drinker for years and now I finally tried it and gave in. Might as well have something to enjoy in the mornings. I just don't like feeling dependent on anything, so it has to be a once in a while treat, not an every day one. 



I also need to get back to weight loss. I gained some, not all my weight that was lost over last winter. Time to get back to taking care of myself. Which means going to the gym in the afternoons, sit less and move more. Eat less, back to popcorn, fruit, veggies. I have all winter to work on weight loss and there is no better time to start. Might as well be this week! 

I still can have treats, but will save them for the weekends. I need to start counting calories, making better choices and make sure I don't go above 1500 cal for the day. Mostly it's getting back to the gym and working out daily to burn more calories. Plus, working on house purge/clean up! 

Today, I'm working in the morning, it's going to be 64+F today which is warm for October 17th. I should get in a bike ride or walk the dog around Lebanon lakes. Plus, go lift weights tonight after 6pm at the gym. I should also do some advertising, but I'll wait till next week. I want to enjoy the nice few days left we have this year because it will be a long winter! It's also supposed to rain Wed night, so no since advertising , right? Plus,  Steve got two calls yesterday for work and picked up more jobs. Not huge jobs but more work to keep him busy for the next 3 weeks. We are still okay for October, November and part of December right now and longer if we need without more jobs. I also have a client that needs a lot of work done and they will call, just is when they figure out paint color. They tend to drag their feet on home projects so?? It will be a big job if he gets it. I was pushing for Nov/Dec work! Fingers crossed!! I'll still need to do more advertising till his schedule is booked out months again. 

I also want Steve to do our house projects. Our master bathroom needs an update. New counter, raised vanity and new tile for the floor and re-do the shower. A full bathroom make-over! We need to finish up projects that have been on hold for years. Just little things like nail the trim on the walls, finish the quarter round trim on the main level. Finish the upstair nook. Re-paint the half bathroom to freshen it up. Touch up the cabinets, trim /paint. 

I'm still in purge mode. Plus, I want to redecorate our shelves in the family room and photos on the wall. I'd like to do all this before we have everyone over for T-day. I'll have to look for 8 x 10 photos to print in Black and white. Time to get cracking on that project. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...