Monday, October 16, 2023

Eras tour..and pumpkin patches

Saturday we checked out two local pumpkin patches in Rosemount that were down the street from one another. Brand Farms and Crazy legs. Each had a little something different to offer. We didn't get anything but did take photos.  

We should have checked out the back of the farm in the pumpkin patch as there were more photo opportunities. 
Cute decorations. I need a selfie stick to take better photos! 
The pumpkins were huge! It was nice that the vines were still a little alive. We haven't had a hard frost yet so it still looked good with some green. 




Then it was off to the Taylor Swift Eras tour movie. Tickets were kind of expensive for a movie at $25 each. I originally was going with Steve but he changed his mind and Celina along with Tim's gf Amanda came to watch the movie with me. It was 3 hours, but sooo good. It reminded me of a theater play with all the costume/set and dancing/story telling. I'd highly recommend going to see this tour. Even though the tickets were $25 it was by far much cheaper then actually going to the concert and we got up and close which you can't do at a concert unless you want to pay thousands of dollars. I hope other artists with productions like this also do movies after the concert. Seems like a smart business plan for the artist and theaters since October is a slow movie month. 
We took photos before the show. I was disappointed that we didn't have anyone to exchange our bracelets with or give away. We got there kind of early, and not many people waiting around. They did have a table set up to make bracelets and the movie theatre was exchanging bracelets too, which I did. 

I would have liked to give away a few bracelets, but gave three to Madelyn. 

Steve and I stopped on Sunday at the river / Spring lake park overlooking the Mississippi River. We went to Hastings to soak up the sun and have a beer in the afternoon. 

Just a few Zoey fall photos from my google memories from last year. 

I've been enjoying this fall iced pumpkin spice coffee with spiced whipped cream. Too good! I might have to try this hot too! Which I just did, but wasn't as flavorful. I'll stick to iced! Unless I'm freezing cold! 

Not sure if it will be warm enough to go to the lake one more time this weekend. It's going to be at least 57*F cloudy during the day on Saturday but get down to 43*F at night which is going to be COLD! I was thinking car camping, but Steve thinks setting up the tent would be better. We will just bring the smaller/instant tent with lights. I would like to purchase one more cot and not have to use the air mattresses. The mattress gets cold, but we can top with thick foam layer and then put the sleeping bags and huge comforter on top. I also tested out the hot water bottle idea. It lasts for about 3 hours which will add warmth to our feet. I just tried it with a normal water bottle but will pick up two flat bottles at Walmart for $6 each. All we need to do is boil water and pour inside then put then in our sleeping bags at night. If your feet are warm then it will be warmer to sleep! I've been wanting to try this out and this is the time to do it. I keep saying that 50 is the coldest I'd want to camp without electricity. Well, we are pushing that at 43*F!! We will see how or if we sleep! I figure we can always go to the car blast the heat for bit to warm up. We can at least try this for one night! 

It's a busy work week, with a doctor appointment today to figure out what is going on with my throat. I always have to cough after I eat, feels like mucus dripping in the back of my throat that I need to clear out. It does eventually clear. It is allergies, thyroid? Not really sure?? Hopefully its nothing to be concerned with and just nasal drip. Guess we will find out today! 

I also need to do more advertising this week and in the next few weeks until Steve builds up clients again. He has been booked out since before Covid non stop. Is is finally getting towards the last of his booked jobs. I think only two weeks, maybe 3 weeks of jobs left to complete. Which makes me nervous, so need to advertise as much as possible the next few weeks. He does have an estimate tonight, but it for a smaller type job. Everything helps! Seems when I do advertise, he gets at least a few calls which turn into a few new jobs to line up. I just dislike advertising and glad I don't have to do it that often. I do know every spring gets super busy, it's just this time of year all slows down till after the holidays. 

I'm thinking we can get some home projects done that I've been wanting to do for years. We have our master bathroom tile and shower along with vanity counter to re-do. It's been needing a fresh update for a few years and the last of the bathrooms to update! We have Menards rebate money that will cover the cost of a new vanity and maybe the cost of faucets. It won't be enough for the tile, but we might just do that anyway if he has the time. We also need to finish the quarter trim on the main level from re-doing the floors. We also need to purchase more trim and we need to finish nailing the trim upstairs and add some in our master bathroom. In all, I don't think the tile or adding trim will cost that much out of pocket. Just projects he never gets to while working on other customers houses. 

We also need to add a shelf to our pantry and re-paint the half bathroom. Maybe finally install the front closet light and finish the upstairs nook. A few projects that have gone unfinished for years. Of course not working and spending extra for projects around the holidays is not ideal, but this is the time to do it. There will always be more jobs so we aren't worried till we have to be. 

We are also trying to eat more meals at home. It's been easy so far, just like to go out for a beer here and there. It still saves money by not eating out as much. Plus, we make better food at home. We do have gift cards to use up, so we still can enjoy a meal out and save money at the same time,  a win/win. 

I need to book Logan a train ride home for Thanksgiving weekend. The ticket costs have gone up $50. Plane tickets are up $200, so train it is! Unfortunately, the train schedule isn't the best and he won't get in till midnight on the Wedneaday 22nd and will have to leave at 8am on Sunday. A short time home, but home at least for the holiday. We won't see him again till Christmas break which is over a month long! It would be nice to just pick him up, but that would be a 10 - 12 hour day of driving at least! No savings and you just don't know the weather situation if it will snow. I'm at least thankful we have the train option! 

Other than working and advertising, I'm still working on purging our house room by room. I have completed the kitchen frig/freezer and under the sink. I still have the pantry to go though. I'd like to add one additional shelf before doing that project. 

My room is also finished with hanging up all my clothes and cleaning under the bed, going through the bathroom drawers and cabinets in both bathrooms. I still have the spare room or Steve's closet room to go through. That's a project for another time this winter. 

I have the office and the porch to tackle this week. We gave the bookshelf to Logan, so I have books to find a new home for or purge. The office also needs to be cleared out with stuff to sell or find a new place to store. 

I'm in need of two new rugs one for the front sitting room and the other for the entry. I keep looking for a low cost rugs that are on clearance that I like. Plus, looking for new chairs to get rid of the old ones that aren't the best quality. 

I did list a few items for sale on Craigslist. I should post of FB market place too. Time to list more for sale! Plus, I need to make a few trips to Goodwill and purge more clothes. I think once I go through the spare room, we will have plenty to take to goodwill. It's my all winter project! 

I'm also wanting to redecorate the book shelves in the family room/new dining room. I've had the same photos for years and it's time for a change up! Plus, I have a wall of awards that need to be taken down as its been years for that too. I'll replace with black and white prints of family photo or just nature? Not really sure just yet. It's time to start working on this too. 

December 2026 our house will be full paid off. I can not wait. Well, I can wait to get older, but it would be nice to no longer have a mortgage. We will still be paying at least $800 per month in taxes and homeowners insurance. So that will never change only increase but that's cheap for expenses every month! That's the only cost I see going down. We will probably always have some car payment. Just as we get rid of one, we purchase another vehicle. Steve will need a new truck next once my SUV is paid off. It's nice to only have one car payment and not two! We seem to trade off with maybe having a year or two with zero payments. It is what it is! Eventually, we won't have Logan's cell to pay for and college expenses will be done when he graduates in two years. That alone will save $1000 a month or more! We are looking at at least $2600 in savings! That money will go towards a cabin build, which we plan to rent out when not using. It will be nice to make some passive income for a change. I'd like to rent out the house too and do some traveling. I'd like to build out some van and then travel. Steve thinks an SUV would be better suited. Seems we could sell a van build easily and make money off it. Guess that's an idea in progress!! We have a plan at least for the future. Seems I've been waiting for the future all my life. It will be here one day and then I'll be waiting for something else. I'm just going to live in the moment now and enjoy that my family is all near and Celina is still at home and Logan back in the summer. Kendra and grandkids live near, but that could all change fast. Kendra has a job opportunity in Texas which might require moving. Celina will eventually move out and Logan might have a job this summer somewhere else. Steve and I have our health right now, hopefully for a long time to come. We are getting older as retirement age is creeping up sooner and sooner. Although, I want to keep working to stay active and get paid exercise. I also want to do more traveling and have less expenses to be able to do that. I want adventure and some thing to look forward to as we age. 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...