Saturday, October 21, 2023

Hello Saturday and an Ice pumpkin spice coffee.

 


This was a coffee fail idea. You put whipped cream on the cup to look like a ghost and fill with coffee. The eyes are just a black sharpie on the outside of the cup. Maybe if I used cool whip it would actually have worked? Whipped cream in a can just didn't hold up! Cute idea if it actually would work! 
I had another coffee fail. I made coffee today, then added in my cold brew pumpkin spiced coffee and then iced it. Turned out to water logged, so I took out all the ice that wasn't melted. Added more whipped cream because it's not sweet enough and more iced coffee. It still doesn't taste very good, but I'll drink it. I probably should have stuck with warm coffee instead of trying to ice it. At least adding whipped cream adds less calorie then adding straight sugar. Once I'm done drinking the iced coffees that I purchased, I'll just go back to not drinking coffee. 



I did see these new Holiday flavored whipped cream toppings to try. I might have to buy all three!! I'm sure we could find some desserts to make and use them up or just add to coffee/hot chocolates. 


Our maple out front is finally getting red, little by little. It's also losing leaves fast. The colors right now are so pretty. It's going to be sad when all the trees are bare and I will be craving just seeing "green"! We might even get snow next week depending on how this storm system plays out. I'm just going to enjoy today's 60*F temps with sun shine. 

Steve is working this morning for a little bit to get ahead on this job. He wasn't able to work Thursday due to an eye appointment that took forever. Celina and Don are doing a 4 mile race out in Bloomington this morning. I'll go to the gym and walk Zoey at the park. 

I also want to pick up one more shelf and bracket for our panty. I want to clean that out and re-organize.  There is room for one more shelf up high where we can store stuff hardly used. Our pantry is pretty full, so this extra shelf will help, plus get me motivated to do this clean out project. 

I haven't done much in purging our house junk lately, but Sunday we will tackle putting away all the camping stuff in the garage and get that all cleaned out so we can park in the garage this winter. We keep all the camping stuff down in the summer to get to easily since we use it all the time. 

I'd better get going and get to the gym. It's already close to 9am and I'm still on the couch! 
Happy Fall Saturday! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...