Friday, December 29, 2023

29th of December 2023!!!

 2 more days left of 2023!! 


This is our back yard view! Still no snow and it looks like it's going to stay that way until at least the 9th of January where we could get at least an inch or two of snow. For now, I'll take some green grass and some dead looking fall trees. 

Our family's new favorite new game, Mexican train dominos. 

I have this Friday off. I don't work till Tuesday, January 2nd. Steve also had the last two weeks off from work with a few mini small jobs scattered in there. He does have to work for an hour or two this morning. I'll start working on our family calendar for 2024. I am waiting for more photos, so I'll just put it together and get binders put on till the photos all arrive in the mail around January 2-5th. Once I'm done with our calendar, I'll start last years tax records and get that all in order to take to our accountant! 

We have zero plans for the rest of the weekend. I could use another pair of every day shoes. I'm wearing my shoes that I use for work and I need separate ones for every day. Steve gave me a $100 gift card to TJ Maxx/Homestore. I'm going to try using that on a new 8 x 10 rug for our front siting room. The rug we have is in need of being replaced!! I just would like to find a good deal and find something I like. Those two things need to line up! Plus, I don't want to spend a whole lot more, but I know I'll have to spend at least another $100 which is fine. Other than that, don't really need anything other than the usual stuff, food, misc supplies etc.. 

I'm always looking for camping stuff. We do need to replace one big tent for the kids this year. I'm just not sure if I want to get a dark out tent or something else? It also has to be an instant 2 min setup tent and large!! We used to have a three sided tent that worked good, but the wind would catch it and rain would get in with the top blowing up like a parachute. I defiantly do not want to get the same tent for that reason. The old tent still works, but the one side zipper doesn't work any more so you have to go in through the other doors. Plus, it's not super rain proof with that top blowing. It takes a beating catching the wind on the beach. I also would like another power source with solar panels to charge cell phones, speakers etc. I'll probably just get something before Memorial Day so we have power up there till we hook up electricity. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Octoberfest in Brainerd!

 It was a fun weekend. One more done! On to planing the next weekend.  I won the girls Stein holding contest. The time to beat on the wall w...