Saturday, December 30, 2023

30th of December!!

 Saturday. What are we up to today? 

Steve has a customer estimate this morning so the gym workout is delayed until he gets home. My goal this winter is once again to lose weight for the summer. Ugh! Why oh, why did I have to gain back all the weight I lost over last winter!! I thought by now I would have started my weight loss, but here we are looking at the end of December and I have yet to start my diet. I still have all winter to lose the weight. Plenty of time if I start right away in January! I'd like to drop at least 20 to 30 pounds. Once again, I'll workout, weights and go back on the stairs in the mornings and afternoons to lose weight. I just need to start off slowly walking on the stairs so I don't over do it. I also need to cut back on calories as the main way to get the weight off. It's the hardest part to just cut back when I want to eat whatever! 

Yesterday, I finally got my calendars for 2024 all put together and dropped them off to get a binder. I'm still waiting for photos so I can glue those on to the calendars. The photos won't arrive till around Jan 2-5th, so I can't do anything about that until they arrive. 

I also looked for a new rug for our front room. Haven't found anything around $200, more like $300! Too much to pay! Plus, I didn't love any of the rugs I found. I'll keep looking! Maybe look on line too now that I know the exact size I'm looking for 7 x 12. or 8 x 12. 

Steve and I went out last night. Just to the local brewery Omni for a beer and then to get Pizza at Merics and another large beer. We always try to remember to bring extra fresh basil to add to the pizza. Makes a huge difference in taste! My basil isn't doing that great growing inside. I'll need a new basil plant and maybe some plant lights to keep it going all winter. It's been a struggle to keep all my herbs and flowers going. We still have half the winter to go! I'm not sure they are going to last! 

We have to fill out FASFA for Logan's last year of college this weekend. I need to go though all the Christmas decorations and purge. Unfortunately, we didn't get the garbage out in time and it's already overflowing. Not sure if purging more at this time is a good idea! Maybe trips to Goodwill with the stuff we don't want is a better idea?? 

Probably should make more use of my time today and get some stuff done around the house. I really have to start purging junk, but not sure where to start?? Not sure why I'm making it so complicated! I've got to figure it out and just start! 

What do I want to do to challenge myself in 2024??


Lose weight and keep it off. 

Start back up on working out daily and keep it up. Build back up to running a few miles per day. Start doing more yoga every day. 

Less waisted time on the internet endless scrolling. 

Read at least 2 books 

More camping to places we have yet to go. Hip camps, states etc..


What I want to purchase:

New stove (kitchen)

New rug (front room)

New large tent (camping at the lake)

New power source/solar for camping (lake)

Project/ Home:

Master bathroom: Redo shower/tile new

Paint basement/ finish trim around windows

Clean office/ spare room

Refresh back yard landscaping(mulch add/weeds spray/trees trim/tree solar lights)


Travel:

Camping more Wisconsin Locations (spring and fall)

Camping south states in spring








No comments:

Post a Comment

Octoberfest in Brainerd!

 It was a fun weekend. One more done! On to planing the next weekend.  I won the girls Stein holding contest. The time to beat on the wall w...