Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Ticking right along....

 Tik, tick the days sure don't move fast when temps are around zero! 


All four of us went to Steve's parents last night for dinner. His brother usually has dinner that night with his parents but was sick with covid. I decided to go too since Logan is home and we can all do a family night. Turned out pretty fun and really good food too. We had beef tenderlions, roasted carrots/potatoes and green bean with a side salad, Bread/cheese and key lime pie/apple tart for dessert. I also brought my almond milk honey butter popovers that really didn't puff that much and were not very crisp. I'll stick to cows milk next time when I make them. We played the Mexican Train Domino's last night too.


My popovers. Forgot to take a photo of dinner! 

The ice heart sculpture I made to hang on the mail boxes. I'm making another one. They will melt pretty fast come Monday, but will be up for a few days. 

I put some ice in glasses outside to freeze on their side and it make a cute happy hour drink. 


I have some heart shaped silicone molds too that I'll make for a happy hour drink too. Maybe add some red food coloring?? 

I did a little more advertising today, just doing 1 neighborhood in Burnsville. I was hungry as this was done right after work since I was in that area. I'll do more tomorrow since I want to pick up more jobs. We might be good for Steve now if he gets this other job and the paint job is extended to the whole house. 

Doing more cooking tonight. I'm going to make my Chicken lettuce wraps and another batch of popovers. Plus, a ham quiche. Just need to pick up some chicken breasts at the store along with milk and some ice caramel coffee. 

I organized our spice cabinet yesterday. I also brought down and bagged up all the spare room garbage. I can't purge any more things since our garbage is over flowing till Friday. I have enough garbage to fill it up again! I am pretty much stuck on doing more in the spare room. It's all Steve's clothes spread out. He needs to go through them again and purge. At least all that can be taken to Goodwill. I need to go through my closet too. I can still get rid of a lot of clothes I no longer wear. 

I will have another home project once Logan is back at college. He didn't want his closet door on and it was never painted white. So I'll paint that and Plus will clean and wash all the sheets/bedding in his room. It will be all clean and ready for him when he comes home for spring break or summer. 

Other plans for home projects are for Steve to install that hall closet light and switch. He has a small section of flooring to finish in there too. Most of the quarter round trim is done on the main level, but there are a few places where we need to add trim. Plus, the upstairs still needs to be painted and then nailed on. I'll probably work on the painting of the trim and just get that done once and for all! 

I put up some V-day decorations around the house. Mostly on the entry table and on the dinning room/kitchen table and fireplace with a V-day sign on the front door too. I think this winter we will try to celebrate every holiday, Cinco de mayo, Super Bowl, Mardi Gras, V-day. It's something to do and help pass the winter months. 

Soon enough we will be able to go to the lake in the spring sometime in March, to burn up all the trees we cut down at the lake. We will just spend the day and come home. It would be too cold to spend the night and I don't want to pay for a hotel. I'm sure we could get most burned up if not all in one day. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Octoberfest in Brainerd!

 It was a fun weekend. One more done! On to planing the next weekend.  I won the girls Stein holding contest. The time to beat on the wall w...