Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Tuesday - Saturday!! The cold is sticking around!!

 We only have a few more days of below zero and single digit weather Tuesday- Saturday as Sunday's high is back in the 20's and then all next week back into the nice 30's for winter! I'll take 30's anytime. Looks like we could get some rain/snow combo, but with the temps in the upper 30's, the snow (what we do have 1 to 2" will surly melt to nothing. Fingers crossed!! Spring is only 9 weeks away. The sure sign of spring is the stores stocking the shelves with everything spring and summer! Can we just hurry up and get there!! 


I finally remembered to send away for this free sour dough starter. You just send them a self addressed envelope and I guess they send you starter??? We shall see! 

I made some French onion soup last night for dinner. I made it different then Steve, but it was still good. We added some asian squiggly noodles and thin sliced beef to it also with a half French dip sandwich. I also made some pan roasted sweet potatoes. Delicious and an easy to make meal with leftovers for lunch. 

I'm going to make some popovers today for dinner. I'm hoping they warm up okay as I want to bring them to my MIL for dinner tonight. She has been asking for popovers. Plus, it sounds sooo good with honey butter. 

After work today, I'm going to start back up on the purging. I'll probably do more in the spare bedroom. It's all Steve's clothes, so I can hang up some stuff and look for vintage t-shirts to see if they are worth anything. Guess kids are into vintage, so we might get some money for some concert shirts?? Steve probably won't be happy with me rearranging in there, but it has to be done! What a mess! I'm not really sure where all to begin! I'm sure more will need to be brought to Goodwill and some to the trash. 

I spent a good part of yesterday finishing up calls for our tax records and then dusting under our bed and dusting the curtain rods in our room. Finally cleaning that better. It's been on my todo list. Probably not healthy to have dust collect under the bed and dresser. Now that it's all clean, feels good to get that off my todo list. I just need to keep up with it. I probably should wash all the bed sheets today too. 

I'm getting a later start on work today. I don't want to go out in the COLD...burrrr.. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Octoberfest in Brainerd!

 It was a fun weekend. One more done! On to planing the next weekend.  I won the girls Stein holding contest. The time to beat on the wall w...