Sunday, April 21, 2024

Sunday funday...

 Good morning its Sunday! Let's hope it warms up quickly to 60 or higher today! We have yard work todo which we didn't want to do on Saturday because it was cold and windy, only in the mid 40's with clouds most of the day until evening when the sun broke out. 

I'm ready for a project! Yesterday, I did get an inside project done but not sure I really 100% love it. I've been looking for a new rug, but then decided to just use what we have and rearrange the furniture. 

We have a somewhat large area in front of our sliding doors going out to the deck where I put a rug and 2 chairs with a small table/lamp for sitting. It's a cozy area to just sit and relax. We don't use it much, but the dog/Zoey sure likes to sit there to see what's on the countertops while we cook. 


The rug was just put in this location because we had it from when Celina had an apartment for college. 

The space is now empty. I moved all this into the front sitting room/our old dining room. 
I have a smaller rug in this room which is okay, not great and the two chairs by the window with the table and lamp  in the corner. I moved the chair that was in the corner to our bedroom and replaced the other chair on my side. 

It is nice to have another spot for 2 others to sit in this room. Just not sure I love it? I tried in front of the window, but I don't want to block that either. It at least saves me from going out and purchasing a new rug for this room. I have the old one in the garage ready to be thrown away. It's matted down since it's more of a shag rug. I'd like just a flat rug for this space. For now, I'll just use this rug till I find a good replacement. Most likely, we'll just keep things this way till winter and I'll move the chairs back to the other spot in the kitchen. 

If I were to sell this house, we'd have to move the dinning room table back in here and put the chairs where we had the table and move the couch in there too. We host too many family gatherings and need a big table area to seat everyone. 

Yesterday, I got to the gym with Steve. We did our weight workout, got a chair massage and headed home. I spent time rearranging and cleaning the house while he was picking up the boat. I also cleaned the kitchen dishes and put them away from the night before. 

I was pretty tired after all the furniture arranging, washing rugs, cleaning floors and windows that I ended up napping for an hour after being on my cell for a few hours. We had our own happy hour and then made taco's for dinner. I helped in putting away all and doing the clean up. We played a few rounds of Domino's and then watched 2 episodes of Shogun. I think we only have one more before we are caught up. 

I should go to the gym this morning. We have to wait till it warms up anyway before we start the yard. 

I did find some old seeds to plant and start an indoor garden. I have the dirt too and some plant food to get it going. I just need to get some egg cartons instead of purchasing some growing cups. 
I know the seeds are pretty old, but I'll try to see if they will grow. If not, no big deal. I'll probably set that up today too. 

I wanted to change up the deck rail, but upon Steve's further thoughts, it would require too much changing around the deck /trouble for him to make it work. I just wanted to lop off the taller posts and make them all flush. Well, that would require moving the poles for our lights and the hand rail. A bigger project then just cutting them off and replacing the top boards. I really wanted to change up the look of the deck, so instead we will just paint the rails black and get brown treated wood for the top and then clear coat all. We are renting that sander today which I found out costs $54 an hour plus, $10 per sheet of sandpaper which we will need at least 2 sheets. It's mainly for sanding the stairs and a little on the deck top. We also will use up our $44 Rebate money from Menards to pay for the top deck wood. I'm sure its going to cost more then the rebate amount, but that will help save some money on the project. 

We also opted for just having coffee at home instead of going to get one, saving at least $12 dollars. We are trying to be more frugal with going out, which always isn't the fun way, but we can find other ways to have fun. I was perfectly happy with our Saturday night plans of just being home, cooking together and then playing domino's and watching a good show after. Happy hour at home is also perfect as I get exactly what I want to drink for a fraction of the cost of having a drink out. We can always take our happy hour to the park or to a lake and bring a cooler and some game with us. Same as going out and a change of scenery. I think we'll have to do this more often! 

I whispered to Alexia, are there ghosts in the house. She said no, but never saw the jalapeño devilish smile, lol... 











No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...