Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Summer temps are coming!

 I see 80*f degrees soon. I just love summer temps! They are now here to stay. It will be a bit cooler this week with some rain and then summer temps! 

Today its work in the morning and then again at 1pm. I'll get some cash on the 2nd client of the day. I save that for if Logan needs money or bills (Car and Insurance) at the end of next month. 

Steve has work and a dentist appointment today. I will be doing the advertising by myself, so that's not fun. I'll be doing that all week by myself in the afternoons since he is working. Not complaining about that! Its just a lot easier and not as bad when I have help. Hopefully, it will turn into a few calls for both of us!! 

This weeks frugal attempt is to eat what we have in the house. Steve and the kids have a hard time with this. We do have enough freezer and pantry food to put together a few items, maybe meatless meals? 

I will have to stop at the store since Logan used up all the cherry tomatoes that I was wanting on my salad. We also need a new air mattress pump before camping again. I'll go to Walmart to see if one is stocked on the shelves. I need one bottle of orange spray. We will also go to the Farmers Market this Saturday and buy some flowers $10 to $15 for a birthday gift. I'll go to the Dollar store to get a card since I could use a few more pairs of reader glasses and maybe some windex refill. 

The weather looks dry through Thursday night. I'll pick up more paint tomorrow and after I advertise, I'll paint the rest of the deck legs. I'll let Steve paint the ledger board that is hard to reach even on the ladder. Then the deck will be 100% done. 

I'm going to prepay some bills due next week. Otherwise, I'd have zero bills this week. Trying to get a head on some and check them off early to spread them out a little more.  I used to pay all at once and just be done, but it seems less painful to spread them out, but in trade off, more time spent remembering and paying bills, which is endless. 

Every month we are getting closer and closer to paying off our mortgage and Logan's graduation date is ticking down too. 

Our neighbors are building a massive house at the lake. Steve is excited about building up at the lake, so that's good. It will be nice when we finally are able to build and the kids can enjoy. I looked up rental amounts up at the lake and they get any where from $150 a night on up to $300/600. Plus, places are selling for $700K for just a normal cabin up to a million plus for a nice house on the lake. A good investment amount. Not sure how we handle the property if it's owned by Steve's parents, but we build the cabin on it and his brother owns half the property with Steve. I'll have to do some reading up on the subject to get educated before we build. We are renting it out when not in use/4th of July for sure. Even thought the holidays are the big money makers, I want to make sure we are up there at least 1 time. We have all winter to enjoy and early spring/fall. We have other places to go in the summer. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...