Thursday, May 30, 2024

Cotton Tornado!

 We've had sooo much cotton falling From the trees this spring. It feels like we are in a continuous snow globe or tornado of cotton seeds. They are blanketing the deck. driveway and grass. It's everywhere. I'm super glad we made the blower purchase, as its gotten a daily use! It doesn't work great on the cotton as it swirls up and all around, but still works better then anything else. 

Zoey even made a bed out of all the cotton!


I can just imagine all the cotton trees that are going to start growing in all the wrong places from all these seeds everywhere! I'm going to have to get the blower out and get them out of the rocks and mulch! 

Since my photos won't load, I'll do that later!

Yesterday, was a productive day. 3 houses and some advertising. Two calls for jobs, one for me, which I picked up an every 2 week and an estimate for Steve. Not sure he wants that job as it's siding and up high. Yikes!! At least we are getting calls from my small amount of advertising. I'll do more today since I'll be out in Lake Elmo close to Woodbury. It is supposed to rain tonight, which is a little concerning, but hopefully, most will be picked up today with the mail. 

I also need to mow the back yard. The front yard's new grass seed and sod is looking good. Just can't mow it or it will get recked. I will wait as long as possible before cutting so it has a chance to take hold. We are suppose to get a lot of rain again over the weekend into next week! Ugh! I mean that's good for the grass and plants, but bad for advertising or painting outside/doing and finishing up project. 

Zoey also needs a grooming as her fur is already getting a bit long. I'll probably do that Sunday since we have nothing going on and it's going to be a rain filled day. 

Logan started his summer class and needs a $95 dollar book. The next class starts in June. He is taking two summer classes to graduate on time. He also needs new shoes and some hangers. They are on the todo  list! 

I have a new house today. Just a 1 or 2 time a year job, but it could turn into some close to home work too for this client. I sure hope so! At any rate, it paid for my time advertising and replaced a schedule change this week. A good trade off! Just a bit far to drive, 30 minutes. 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...