Sunday, June 16, 2024

Strawberry & Rhubarb crumble

 I made my first ever strawberry/ Rhubarb crumble. Although, Steve and I are the only ones eating it for some reason! Ugh!! It's sooo good. I'm amazed at how good it turned out. Makes me want to make more triple berry pies with crumble topping. Super easy to make and too good with vanilla ice cream. I think it's one of the best desserts I've ever made. Go figure! 


Thanks to our neighbor, I received some rhubarb from their back yard plant. I had to help bake some for her son's grad party since their oven went out. I could have used a smaller pan, but it turned out just fine. I added in some oats even though it didn't call for any. Probably could have added a few nuts too for some crunch. 

We also made some flat bread pizza last night with left over Fresh cheese and procutto. 

Soo good!! It's the way to go, pre-purchase crust and add toppings. I think we could cook this on our grill too! We need to try it. Might be a good camping meal! 

I spent a good part of Saturday, cleaning the house. 
Cleaned the kids bathroom
Washed the bathroom towels and rugs 
Cleaned out the sliding door track, seeds from the trees
Made the crumble
Went to the store to get Father's Day stuff with Steve
Went to the gym with Steve and Celina
napped a little in the late afternoon. It was a rain filled day. 

Today is going to be HOT! It's Father's Day, so we have palns to picnic with Steve's parents and go to the car show in Hastings. I really don't want to do that. 

I do want to get in a morning bike ride before it gets too hot. I need to run on the cross ramp too. Get in my 2 miles. Maybe walk around the lake - 2 miles before it gets too hot. 

No home projects today. Other then I should plant my basil, but its probably too hot for it, so I'll wait till Monday. 

Speaking of Monday, I need to make client calls and make sure they are on the schedule. I also have a new client meeting at 4pm. Steve also has a new client estimate/referral for a bathroom remodel. 

It's going to be a rain filled week! Ugh!! Not looking forward to that!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...