Sunday, September 22, 2024

off to the races!

 We were off to the horse races last night with old neighbor friends along with Celina and Don. We stopped at a roof top bar, had a drink or two along with some really good shrimp meal. We got to the races a little late and missed the first two horse races, but still had 6 other's to bet on with $2 min to Place, show or win. I mainly choose place, but did win $7.40 total for the night. 

Steve was the fun lucky winner for the MN Lottery horse race, as his #3 horse came in first. It won us $50 in scratch offs and Jon along with Steve got a MN Lottery swag bag with a mug, T-shirt and blanket. Nice! The $5 scratch-offs only amounted to $15 total. Celina won the most $10 and Jon/Mollie got the $5 dollar winner. I think we all won some and lost some. We also saved on admission that was $10 each, getting in free! Made for a fun night with great weather too! 






I curled my hair and did a little cutting to chop off the ends! 
My hair was getting far too long and the ends were sooo dry! I probably cut at least 3"! 
My hair actually stays curled now that its all been colored at some point. My hair was always too healthy before to hold curls! Glad that's not the issue anymore. I also touched up my hair color roots around my face. 

Tried a new St. Paul Bakery, So Yen. Sooo delicious!! They were cream filled and very light. Just wish the strawberry one would have had cut up strawberries or a whipped cream flavored strawberry. They were a bit spendy at $5 and $7 for the chocolate one. 

Such a cute shop next to the Farmers Market
We also stopped in at the farmer market and grabbed some big tomatoes for stuffing and some acorn squash. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...