Friday, January 29, 2021

Making my bread and finished floors!

I've now made 4 loaves of this Crasin, Walnut honey bread. I probably shouldn't make more because I keep eating it. The last batch, I added 1 cup of white chocolate chips and some cinnamon. Made the bread much sweeter and more moist. I probably should have baked it longer in the oven adjusting the bake time for another 10 minutes for a total bake time of 55 minutes. I decided to just stick to the orig recipe. I did like the added cinnamon so I might add that again, just without the chocolate. 
I have more more loaf to make today to give away. I'll save this easy no kneed recipe and move on to making English Muffins. 

Steve finished up the porch floors on Thursday. Now to add quarter round trim to the base trim and put back the furniture. 
 


I don't miss the carpet at all! We do have a large gray and white rug that I will put down. I'm hoping we pick up the couch this weekend. It will be a nice change up!
We also purchased another new toilet for the basement bathroom. We've replaced all the toilets in the whole house now. Just need the new one installed this weekend. 
I'm going to be starting the big office furniture paint project. Our desk is cherry wood and its a little rough looking on the top of the desk from the sun light. I'm paint it white and maybe the desk top black? I'm undecided at this point. I also have our piano to paint black. It's a dark wood color and doesn't match everything else the way it looks. 

I've also got a bunch of furniture and lights to sell. Time to purge the old stuff and decide if I need anything new. I'll take my time updating or not depending on if I think less is better? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...