Monday, February 8, 2021

Deep Freeze!

What to do when stuck inside during a deep freeze? 

This is what I felt like doing, if only I could sleep as well! Zoey has the whole sleep any where, anytime thing down! 
I was in the cookie baking, decorating mood on Sunday. I tried making a new kind of sugar cookie using strawberry jello. Not exactly strawberry flavor tasting, more just really sweet! So probably won't do that again with jello! I did frost these using Royal icing. It's just confectioners sugar with powdered egg whites and vanilla. You add water for different frosting consistencies. I needed a thicker frosting to pipe an outline in a heart and then filled with a thin consistency to flood the cookie and a semi thicker frosting to pipe the letters/words. It took more time than I thought it would. Wasn't perfect for my first attempt. I'm sure my skills will improve the next time I decide to frost cookies that will set up. 


I gave away most of the cookies to family along with my ice heart sculptures. 

My attempt to make some candle ice sculptures. I had the best results just using a bunt cake pan and filling it up to the top with water. I tried filling a pale with water and added a container to make the middle to hold the candle. It was a fail. I couldn't get the plastic container out. So I left it in and just put in the candle. I will make more  in the bunt pan to put outside with some candles. Looked pretty! Looks like I'll have all week till next Thursday of sub zero temps to make more!
Celina made these pretty chocolate, caramel cream with a cookie bottom desserts. I did the spun sugar for the top. I've almost got this sugar making technique down! Just need to work fast and get the right consistency/temperature. 

They were good, but super sweet! 
And messy, by the look of Steve's face and hands covered in sticky marshmallow caramel cream! 
I wasn't really interested in watching the Super Bowl. It was on, but I was reading the news on my phone. I did look up a few times during the half time show. Now I know who and what the weekend is and sings. 

Steve made wings, I made a good salad and that was our super bowl food! 
We also Celebrated Zoey's Got Ya day. January 30th.. I thought it was the 6 of Feb, so we were a little late. She is 5! Cute puppy photo of her from the week we Brought her home. She definitely is a snow loving, ice cold water drinking outside dog! 



 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...