Thursday, February 4, 2021

Thursday's Ramblings..

 I made some delicious, no knead crusty rosemary, sea salt bread in my dutch oven baking pan. So easy to make and turned out perfect. I thought it was over proofed, because it deflated when I came back from skiing. I just spritzed the hot lid with some water and quickly closed the lid to trap in a little steam. Not sure if this was the trick to get the crust extra crispy or not, but it all worked great! Would Paul Hollywood approve? I think so!


I snapped a screen shot of this heart shaped desert. I must try to re-create and just keep in the freezer till Valentine's Day. I think it's just a cookie crust or thin sponge cake on the bottom, a light custard, sliced strawberries around the edges, topped with a thin jello. I think I can do this! 
I'm using my heart shaped pan right now to create a frozen ice sculpture. While skiing yesterday, I picked up pine cones and some pine needle branches to add into my water to freeze. I didn't have berries so I used some of my wreath foam red berries. So far, its not cold enough outside to freeze, it turned into a slushy mess since it's snowing. I'll probably have to re-do this once its below zero tomorrow. 

I've been wearing my Zoey picture socks while skiing. They aren't the best fitting socks, but they are cute and work. 

Off to ski! I have fresh snow today before the polar plunge tomorrow! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...