Friday, February 12, 2021

Mixing it up!

 I'm not a great cook, but when I do cook I like to make my top 5 items or try something completely new. This was a try something completely different and new kind of meal. Everyone seemed to like sloppy joes. It's not something that we ever make, until I made it a few months ago. I still need to stop adding any sugar into the recipe as it's already sweet enough with just adding ketchup. I had a can of croissant rolls, so I bought another package and wrapped the sloppy Joe meat and baked in the oven. It was actually really good. Steve and I just ate it since Logan was working and Celina had zero interest in eating our meal. Steve also requested tater tots, so it was a very brown meal! 


On my new favorite TV show, the British Baking Show, they have been making meat pies. This is my easy, quick version of that. Maybe some day I'll make a hot water crust and actually make a veggie or meat pie. I've made chicken pot pies in the past, but would like to up my baking and try the full on meat pie and decorate it pastry to look pretty too. 


Another baking technical challenge was to make 12 lace hearts, all the same. I've been wanting to try this using crepe batter. I also added a bit of red food coloring to turn the batter pink. 

My last pancake was the best at the design. I loved making these heart crepes. Just not the easiest to put on jelly. The Brit's eat theirs with sugar and lemon juice. Ugh, no thank you! I'll stick with raspberry jelly! 

I made these crepes for breakfast and had left over batter. This was our after dinner dessert. I cooked up the rest of the batter to feed the birds. 
I want to switch out our porch lights. We have a ton of lights by the ceiling, going all around the room. 
They are outdated lights. Its pretty expensive to change out all the lights. I did find these single lights for $20 at Menards that I do like. Or we could leave the lights and just switch out the glass
Considering I need at least 2 for each light, I might as well replace with a light that I like at $20 each. I need 6 lights! It's not a project that I need to do asap. Just thinking about it. Plus, I'd need Steve on board with my decision since he's the one taking down the old lights and replacing them. 

On other news, Logan's friends are all testing positive for Covid. He gave a friend a ride home that was exposed to the friends who are positive. That friend has yet to get Covid, but we are now getting Logan tested. (He previously had Covid back in August) This time, we have to stay indoors since it's -12 outside. I'll be spending a ton of time in my room. Otherwise wearing a mask in the house. I'd rather just hang out in my room then wear a mask all day. I'd like to get him a rapid test, but seems like they are all costing around $100. Otherwise I think its 24 hours. He mostly is in his room, So not a big deal to wait I'm thinking! He has a Covid test at noon today. I just do my daily alcohol spray all the door knobs, light switches, frig etc.. Now I'll be doing it at night too and maybe at lunch. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...