Thursday, March 11, 2021

hail looks like a lot like Covid!

 

Weird shaped, very large hail fell yesterday afternoon. Of course we had two cars parked out in the driveway since two of the garage stills are filled with motorcycle, jetski, snow blower, tools and wood to dispose of. I filed an insurance claim right away. We have a $500 deductible on each vehicle! I'm hoping they won't total out Celina's car. For some reason I had full coverage on Celina's parked car, but it's only worth $6K and if the damage is more then its worth, they total it out. UGH! We will hear back today or tomorrow from the insurance co. 

Good thing I took photos of the hail! This was taken after the hail started melting! I just grabbed hail that I could reach in the grass. There were some much larger hail chunks all around! Steve's truck was parked mostly under two trees. He only noticed a few dings. Maybe not worth fixing if it's just one or two? Or get a quote to fix only the hood? I think they just pop them out? 

Hail all scattered around on the ground. 
We also had a ton of rain coming off the house making a huge puddle out one the sidewalk. 
The sirens were going off for a tornado warning. So, Zoey and I hung out in the basement for a half hour. 

Earlier in the day before the storms, I stopped at Home Depot to pick up gray primer for the piano. While waiting for the paint to be mixed, I checked out lights for our office. I kind of like these two lights for the ceiling. It's just that we have zero sliver lights in our house as most are dark oil rubbed bronze. So not sure I should be switching it up? 

I also liked these bottom lights too. But not the yellow, light! I want bright white!I would definitely want to know if the light is tinted yellowish or if it's just from the choice of light bulbs? 
I painted the first coat of primer on the piano! Went on fast! I took off the knobs this morning so I can easily paint the front with out getting paint all over. I'll have to tape the foot petals before I start painting the 2nd and 3rd coat. This stuff dries fast, so I might get all the primer done today so tomorrow will be the black enamel paint! Our floor looks so brown in the photo! It never looks like that in person, more gray. Funny how a little bright light can completely change the look! 

Good bye brown wood grain piano.. on to shiny black! I also forgot to pick out the kids bathroom paint while at Home Depot. I was too distracted by the lights to remember! I'll be making a trip back to Home Depot today for more paint! I'm hoping to get the kids bathroom all painted before they get back from Florida on Sunday night! Lots of painting projects to get done! Good thing I'm off work today through the weekend! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...