Tuesday, March 9, 2021

HIGHS... and Lows!

 There were a lot of highs and lows today. It started off with a low! Steve was using my laptop to log into his on line contractor class. It kept crashing and crashing because the system was using too much memory. I tried to clean up the files to free up more space with zero luck. He ended up not being able to do the class. The high, was he, rescheduled for a later date with no extra charge! This will give us time to fix my laptop and get him a new one to use for the class. 


Followed by a high.. Minnesota moved to the next group of people allowed to be vaccinated which includes myself, Steve and Logan! I can try and book a vaccine appointment starting Wednesday! Fingers crossed we can get in this week!

Another HIGH, selling my 2009 Toyota Highlander, which no longer moves due to the transmission going out. Sold for $3200! I didn't think I could even sell it or donate a non working car for $1000. Got far more money than I thought! Plus, it was towed away today. The buyer, sell cars over seas. So it's off to a far away land, maybe for the parts?? I loved that gold Toyota Highlander. I still miss it. Just not worth fixing when I found out a new transmission would be any where from 3500 to 5500K or more! It was just too much money to put into an old car with 266K miles! The electrical hitch hook up also no longer worked. Which we needed to pull the boat and jetski. It was time for it to go! It was a basic front wheel drive car. Nothing extra, just the basics!
A High! Buying a new Toyota Highlander!! It has everything I wanted!! Car rack, hitch, sun roof, auto trunk closer, weather mats, heated seats, leather, navigation etc. The only thing I would have like was a bench 2nd row seats instead of the upgraded bucket seats. I suppose this is not a bad thing! I got the pearl white color I really wanted! 


I drove it home tonight! Got 2.99% financing for excellent credit! Could not be happier! Now to figure out how to connect my cell and work the radio! 
Finally back home, eating dinner and having some wine to celebrate my new SUV. A low.... A customer called, unhappy with my services. I've never had a complaint, and then out of the blue, a half written messed up words text from what I could decipher. This is a first. Customers are always right! I simply apologized, and made amends to return tomorrow. She is an older woman and I have a feeling something is off. This is very unusual when everything I did was the same. She was not herself today and after working with her for 10+ years, I could sense this. So, I will stop by her house tomorrow and try to figure out what the real issues are. A real LOW to end the day! I hope she is okay, as this is not normal. She was not her normal self as I like to make conversation. There was little to non with one word answers and part of the time, her just not moving and sitting there staring into space? Puzzled me a bit at the time, but the declining aging process is taking over. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...