Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Light and airy!

 I took down the heavy dark curtains in the office and front (old dining room) now a sitting room. I took a chance and went in to shop at the Home Goods store. They didn't have a very large selection of the long curtain length I needed. I really like the white with gray pattern curtains I purchased for the front sitting room. They only had one set otherwise I would have bought the same for both front rooms. I do like the other set of white curtains with the zig zag pattern for the office! The rooms feel so much brighter and airy! 


It's a little hard to get the full effect of the new curtains since the light is coming into the room, making it look dark. The new curtains look so much better with the new couch. Now to paint that light fixture black. Its a brownish-purple and doesn't go with anything. I'll just spray paint it come spring when I can do this project outside. 
Here's the patter up close. It's a similar pattern to our front door rug. I'll need to replace that soon as its looking a little dirty or maybe get out the carpet cleaner and try to vacuum up the dirt. 
We finally took the new TV out of the box. Immediately after, Steve was wishing we had just purchased the 85" instead of a 75". It would have been double the cost and I was fine with the smaller TV. We still need to purchase a surround system and another book shelf for the other side of the TV stand. Any larger of a TV and it would have been hanging over the sides of the TV stand. I think we are good!


We moved the old TV in our basement and will eventually set that TV up for the kids to use. 
I'm off to work for an hour and then back to painting our office furniture! 

I'm more determined to finish painting the desk now that those heavy brown curtains are gone! 
A few baby photos of Logan. I had to submit a baby photo for his senior year book. It was fun looking back at him as a baby and toddler. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...