Thursday, April 1, 2021

All 1x or more vaccinated!

 I drove with Celina 2 hours up to the lake to get her the 1st Moderna COVID vaccination. Glad to have everyone get at least one shot. Logan gets the 2nd Pfizer vaccination shot today! Steve's parents had their 2nd shot last week or was it the week before? We will be 95% protected from covid by the end of April!! I'm already planning a mini BBQ road trip south for a long 3 or 4 day camping weekend, weather pending of course! 


Before driving home, we stopped at the lake to see if the ice was out. Saw a neighbor that said it went out yesterday! It was interesting to see ice on the shore on either side of us, but not on our shoreline. 

The beach sure did look inviting for summer lake fun! Just need the temperatures to warm up because it was sooo cold and windy yesterday! 

We are always dreaming of putting a cabin up there so we can actually go to the lake when it's cold or raining. Right now, we are still tenting it. Our hope is that once the house is paid off 5 years. We can build a cabin and use cash! I would like to start the process now, doing a little bit every year. This year is fix the other side of the beach and maybe clear out tress for a cabin area to add crushed rocks and build a platform for the cabin. We plan to put it on a deck like structure without a basement. Keeping it simple and basic! 
I've been a bit confused on what gas my new SUV takes. So I had to text Steve a photo of the pump to ask what do I use? At home it is above 88 unleaded gas. Do I use 87, 89? I settled on 87! We left home at 11 and returned at 5:20pm a full day of driving!  100% worth the drive up there! MN is getting a 4th wave of covid and we are in the "Red" with positivity rates going up to 5% again. This will roll back opening up and delay kids getting back to school. I say forget it this year since kids younger than 16 can't get vaccinated yet. Might as well wait till fall to start next year in school. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...