Friday, April 9, 2021

Changes...

 An official photo of the finished updated lights. I still don't like the actual light fixtures, but its fine for now since we have 6 to replace. Just changing out the glass was a cheap $6 dollar fix for now and at some point, I might take down the light fixture and spray paint or completely replace it. 

I had to replace all 14 lights with the light bulbs. I was trying for bright white, but its more yellow lighting. I suppose its easier on the eyes and I'll keep it for now. I'm always trying to update for the day we do sell, but I suppose by that time the styles will have changed again. I don't think our lights would be a deal breaker! 

My refreshed planter out front. Just waiting for the weather to be more predictable before I invest in buying herbs and flowers. We might get a bit of frost next week and I don't want to have to cover them up or risk losing all to frost. I'm sure there is a before photo around some where? 



My after of our new front chairs, spray painted table and foot rests. Now to find a fire pit for out front! I'm all about using what we have and finding cheaper options that I still like. With the chairs just costing $85 each and the seat cushions $20 each it wasn't a big purchase to update, most chairs etc are well over $100 if not in the $200 range. 


Here is the before picture of our plastic chairs and aqua table with the white foot rests. A big improvement. Now to replace some batteries in the front tree lights. I wrapped them in copper mini lights but this winter used out door lights that plug in. The batteries lasted the summer but need to be replaced and the Christmas lights taken off. I just like the lighted up trees to make it feel fun out front. Since we are spending a lot of time at home might as well do it up!  

We are at a don't know what to do point in this update project. I found similar tiles to our wall tile but small subway size that will go behind the stove. They are a little different but close enough. 
We will use them to make a built in shelf



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...