Thursday, April 8, 2021

More checked off!

 New front chairs! The old chairs out front were plastic and one had a broken arm from flying off into the wind. We replaced them with these heavier dark brown chairs. 

I spray painted all this stuff our in our yard. Our old between the chair table was aqua blue, the foot rests were white and my pots all various colors. I used charcoal mat spray paint and they look almost black. I do like the all the same color and everything is now cleaned up, looking brand new once again. Just need to wait till it warms up before planting my herbs and flowers in the pots. We might have one night of frost next week. 


I also respray painted the office file that was white, the charcoal gray. Looks better with the white cabinets, since the spray paint white  was too bright white!
I finished replacing all 14 light cover and bulbs to clear on our 4 season porch (sunroom). I had to get Steve to help reach the lights that were over the couch. He propped up a ladder on the couch, kind of dangerous but it worked and I held the bottom of the ladder just incase it moved. Not sure if I'd be able to help at all if that did happen, but everything worked out fine. 

Out with the old.. 

In with the new, and out with the old frosted LED, changed to clear bulbs. (no photo yet)

This is our next project. We want to do something similar to the above photo. New hood, take out the microwave and do a decorative built into the wall shelf. 


This is what we have now. It's complicated. I really want the stove area to look like this
With the hood covered. 



Or like this with the hood boxed in and painted white to match the cabinets. I have yet to convince Steve to do this look. He wants a hood.
Steve likes the hood above. Stainless, which is fine. Just not what I really want, but the kids like the stainless hood Or We saw this idea..
A condensed half the size microwave oven. Of course it would be up too high and we'd still have a microwave oven, which would not be what we are going for. We will move a new smaller microwave into the pantry shelf. 

While at Lowe's and Home Depot looking for options on a non vented outside hood, we were distracted by the new stoves. We really don't need a new one, but liked looking and realized quickly that our stove is set for our countertop. which I'd love to change out too! It's not going to happen, because I'd never be able to convince Steve to take all the tile off. He just doesn't want to do it yet!













No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...