Sunday, April 11, 2021

Ching....

 Cheers and a Ching to being at a brewery outside in 50*F temps!

We drove down to North Field, 30 minutes from our house to sit outside in 50*F temps to have a beer on the outdoor patio. 
It was just nice being outside, spaced very far apart from others. 
I skipped lunch, so I ate a few PB pretzel nuggets with my beer. The pretzels go sooo good with beer. It really brings out the PB flavor. Makes me want to try making my own at home to see if I can make them even better. 
Steve and I picked up the green treated wood to build a 8ft long picnic table for the lake. Now to put it all together in the next few days and bring it up to the lake on Wednesday. It will be nice to have a new picnic table at the lake again. We have an old one, at the top of the hill where we use to have our camper. It's old and in bad shape from the last 20 years. So it's time to build a new one and place it at the beach where we now set up our camping tents. Wood, really increased in price. I think the whole table is around $250 in materials, which is still far cheaper then an already made table for $1000! Yes, they cost that much unless you get a cheap 6ft table made of wood that will easily rot. We will seal the green treated with a clear coat of paint and always use a table cloth since it's green treated wood! 
We also looked at new vanities for our master bathroom. Once we are ready to re-do the bathroom, I'd like a new vanity, countertop, sinks and faucets. This one is super pretty. I'd also like two sinks since we only have one now. Time to redo our bathroom and the change will be good. 
I purchased more spray paint for more of my planter pots. Didn't realize how many I have! I still have two more outback to spray paint today. I spray painted the two indoor pots yesterday and the inside plastic pots since the rim will show. 


I took down the Christmas lights on the front trees and replaced the batteries on the summer tree copper tiny lights. I'll just turn them on when I want to sit out front. I still want an out front gas firepit with a glass fire protector, so the flame is controlled in one area and doesn't blow around. Just looking for the perfect, not to expensive, round small-fish propane fire table top. 

Steve and I were comparing our gray hair in the outdoor light. It's getting more difficult to stay on top of the graying. I think he still beats me in the gray hairs. It's still surprising when I see the side of my head and it's got a lot of gray running though it. 

I've got many shades of brown along with my grays. After my 2nd vaccine on the 14th, plus 10 days on the 23rd of April, I'm going to schedule a hair color appointment, Chiro appointment and get a pedicure! 


I keep getting this message. Why is my disk almost full when there is nothing on my laptop? I don't understand Apple computers! 
I have't updated my workouts lately. I usually don't carry my cell phone when at the park since I'm running  with Zoey. Steve and I usually try to run a mile every day at the park. Unless its raining or far too cold outside. Last week we ran 4 days (skipping two rain days) and still need to get in our morning run this Sunday. I've also been doing daily 1min bent arm planks and lifting 15 pound weights again. I only skipped one day this past week. I feel much better doing my morning exercise even if I don't always feel like it. You just can't think about it, just do it like it's on my todo list and need to check that off. I'm just trying to do something for exercise every day. I need to get back to running 6 miles or biking 10 miles a day with my daily planks/weights. No excuses! 
I read about a 12 year old kid sleeping out in his back yard tent for a year and one day. Makes me wonder if I could do the same? I'd have to get a heater and an ac unit. Plus a real mattress and I'd probably need it under our deck for weather protection. I won't be trying this any time soon, but I do think I could do it for the summer! 









\



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...