Monday, April 5, 2021

Easter

 We celebrated, hopefully our last holiday Easter socially distance with covid now on the 4th wave. We all mostly have been vaccinated at least once. We did stop over to See Evan and Madelyn outside and gave them Easter baskets.  

The kids and Steve colored some hard boiled eggs in whipped up egg whites with food coloring. 


We usually color the eggs ahead of Easter but I kind of liked doing it the morning of Easter for our now new tradition!
I've been putting out jelly beans, and chocolates for over a month, so no Easter Baskets for the kids this year. I just gave them money in an egg. They did miss searching for eggs, so maybe next year I'll go back to hiding them. 

It was 78*F yesterday afternoon/evening so we had ham, potatoes, and roasted veggies outside on the deck. 
Celina made a lemon, dairy free cake for dessert. 
\
Easter breakfast, we didn't have a brunch or even all eat together, but I still made a ham and cheese quiche and some baked at night cinnamon sticky buns. 
It was nice enough to use the charcoal chalk spray paint on the office files etc.. they turned out better then I imagined. Not sure what I'll fill them with? I might just spray paint the white files charcoal too since the white is brighter than the cabinets. 

Monday (today's) weather looks better than yesterday! 81+F for April 5th! Steve and I have the day off, we ran with Zoey and Celina this morning at the local park. Now we are off to pick up mulch to freshen up the yard and a afternoon bike ride. I also need to put away our new tent because tonight we are going to get some storms and rain in the next few days. We have enough tents now that I could leave a tent up all summer to have a mini get away area for sitting outside bug free? Might just have to do this at some point? I might have to get out the hammocks too! 
I'm still deciding on a couch for our deck. Right now I'm settling on a cot to move around if I want to be in the shade or sun. 

We also fired up the table propane fire and played some cribbage over the weekend. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...