Thursday, April 29, 2021

It's back up!

 I set up the new tent for the 2nd time yesterday afternoon. We will have nice weather during the day and not too cold at night over the weekend. I plan to sleep outside at least one of the nights. Our back yard is set up like a little camp ground. I'm tempted to list it on Hipcamp for those people that want to be near the cities and still save on hotel costs. It might be weird having people in our back yard so close to the house! 

I didn't set up the front shade/rain cover on our tent. I figured no need to since there wasn't  going to be any rain and we are pretty shaded in our back yard. I did put up the mini soft white lights on our back yard trees. One by the hammock and the other two on the opposite side of our fire pit, that you can't see from this photo! I must not have turned on the lights on the hammock tree because they didn't come on. I'll have to fix that today. It's nice how they are solar and you still can turn them off at night. I'll be turning them off when I'm sleeping out there! I purchased 3 more 2 packages of solar lights for the trees up at the lake. It will be nice to have it look more festive this summer and also provide light to see at night. 


I kind of spent a lot at the stores yesterday! Two trips to pick up more flowers/herbs/Veggies for my pots! They are all planted! I just picked up random flowers and didn't try to coordinate color or type. I usually try to have all match but I wanted to try new flowers this year and mix it up! 




Celina wanted Tomato plants, so the deck pots which will see more sun, I planted all the tomatoes. Three different types of tomatoes, one plant in each pot. I also added new dirt, fingers crossed they grow!
We are still on the hunt for the perfect pantry microwave oven. I did check out Walmarts selection of microwave ovens. Similar to the one at Sam's. I didn't think I'd like the dial but turns out, that's just for the  air fryer and still has digital setting for the microwave. Might get this one? I'l have to read some reviews first! 


What else did I purchase for camping? I new LED light for inside the tent. It looks like a light switch that's on the wall. I also purchased some glow in the dark, tent pole/string finders. This way, we won't trip over the strings used to tie down the front tarp since they extend out from the tent on either side. Not sure we really needed it, but who likes to trip in the middle of the night! NO one! 
Lastly, my other purchase, was a foldable cart. I was thinking about having to carry all the stuff from the car to the beach at the lake. I can put all our items in the cart and wheel it down. Plus, for picnics, just load up the cart with the little coolers, pans etc and wheel it next to the picnic table for easy access to all. This will eliminate multiple trips and having somewhere to put the coolers and pans other then the dirt ground or on top of the picnic table taking up space. I know, it's another item to fill up the car, but I think this will be a problem solver! 
I'll all about making it easier, and more comfortable glamping! I want all the luxuries of home, while camping with easy set up and take down. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...