Friday, May 28, 2021

Day 12 of weightless progress!

How much weight can I lose on a 500 - 1000 calories a day diet? That is the question! I've done this in the past and it took me 1 week in August to the middle of October to lose around 30 -35 pounds. That is 7 weeks of dieting! I've got this! Day #12 for me and going good for the most part. There are days that I have a tough time in the afternoons. It seems once I start eating, I want to continue to snack! 

 I ate up all my veggie, with a little chicken Thai soup yesterday. I ended up having two bowls and finishing it up. My snack is still low cal 3 cups popcorn for 140 calories. Sometimes I have 6+ cups. I've also been drinking lots and I mean lots of those low cal flavored waters, where you add the package right to the bottle of water. I like the pink lemonade the best due to less coloring. The other flavors I like are very red! 


What have I noticed so far about my weightless progress? My waist is getting smaller. I feel better for making progress with losing every day. Sticking with my diet is a big boost! I still have more pounds to lose and I know I won't be at the weight I want by June 5th, my son's graduation date. I'm only on week 2, going on week 3 and am only starting the journey for the summer of losing weight! I plan to go to 100 days and a few more beyond to my 53rd birthday, Aug 31st. It would be nice to reach a big weighloss goal by my birthday, but just to stick with it all summer will be a HUGE Goal! I just want to be healthier, feel good again about my weight what ever that might be. I am not going to step on a scale as it's not productive to know. I just go by my clothes and how I feel. 

Right now, I'm not too worried about getting lots of exercise. Some days its just hard to keep dieting. Other days I feel like I want to do more. I do know if I bike, run and keep busy, I will lose more weight than sitting on the couch. Somedays, I just need that couch down time. I'm trying to give myself permission to do whatever I need for the day. This is not a race, its just a journey. Of course everyone wants to lose weight FAST! I put it on over many days and it will take many days to lose it. 

The last time I did 100 day diet, I reached my goal weight fairly easily. I stuck to mainly eating dinner and what ever was served, just less of it. I saved drinking for the weekends and limiting that to 1 drink. I tasted every thing even deserts, but didn't eat it all. This way, I never felt like I had to miss out on going out to eat, having a drink and fun on the weekend. I did balance it with biking, and running. I just realized by having semi cheat weekends, it would take me longer to reach my goal weight. I have to be able to maintain the weightloss so learning how to go out, eat and drink on weekends while still maintaining or losing weight was necessary to pre-program how to go about doing that and not getting all mad at myself for messing up. There are no mess ups or set backs, just move on and start fresh the next minute, hour, meal, day and week. 

This weekend will be a challenge to stick with my diet and also after June 5th. I need to make a plan of action to keep my mind from trying to sabotage my continued progress. 

I know Steve wants to have breakfast Saturday, going out to eat. I plan to pick fruit, have a taste of what Steve is having or eat some eggs. Not sure where we are going, but I will just pick something healthy and have a taste of a pastry. Plus, make sure to run and bike before or after! We also will have opportunities to drink. I have to limit alcohol to 1 or 1/2 a drink. Maybe share a drink and have a few sips or switch to a drink I don't really care for, like red wine. This way, I'll drink slow with having sips of water. This way, I won't miss out. Sharing a dinner is also a great idea. This way, I don't have to eat as much and won't waste food or feel like I need to eat more. They always give too big of portions. We do order wings and I never eat the skins so its less calories. If I'm feeling hungry before dinner, it's always a good idea to eat a few carrots, or pickles. Fill me up a little so I'm not making poor food decision while feeling starved. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...