Saturday, July 24, 2021

Life Style Change!

 I am in need of a lifestyle change and BIG Time!!! I'm going back to making myself do a morning workout of running, walking or biking! I need to do this for me. If I wait to later in the day, after work it's just a lot more difficult to make lifestyle changes. 

A morning bike ride after about an hour of yoga stretches. Right now I'm sticking to my 8 mile loop and just doing speed, keep going and not stopping. Finished in 35 minutes! 


After biking, Took this excited pup to walk at the local park and did the 1 mile loop. I skipped running because I didn't want to mess up my feet as my left heel has been a bit sore lately. Zoey was happy to walk and with all the soccer players, it was a good thing we weren't running! 


I'm going to try these beers to see if I can cut calories with drinking and still find something I like. Seems wine or other drinks are killing my stomach. Just burns with acid. I'm hoping these are less calories and I'll like them. Can't hurt to try it! IPA's have a ton of calories and I have to either 1. Not drink or 2. Cut way back to just 1 drink a week. 

I'm also going to spend more time outdoors. Mostly in the mornings before work after I workout. Plus, evenings or in the afternoon hang out in the back yard hammock! 


I'm not a great painter, but I need to do a little art project per day. Take the rocks and put them out for others to find. 

During the year of Covid, we didn't eat out. We didn't even drink out. We just went to parks, cooked food and brought drinks and cribbage. I think we need to go back to doing more of that instead of eating and drinking out. We spend far too much going out and I think this would be a good lifestyle habit to keep. Not go back to old ways of eating out every weekend Saturday night and Sunday. It can't be our entertainment. It's kind of a hard money conversation. I know how much Steve likes to go out and I do too. This is where we can save and still have a good time going out when the weather is nice. Maybe save those restaurant nights for winter? 
I've also got be more mindful of what I eat. No more making poor food choices. I have to ask is this health? What are the calories? Is this the best food choice? Am I really hungry? 

 
My goal is to lose weight, exercise more, make healthy food choices and do something out of my comfort zone. Like travel, camp by myself. Plus, it's just time to focus on me, my goals and feeling better. also to save some money in the process of not eating out, and using that money to invest in my health. Maybe by purchasing a new fit bit to keep me moving. I'm also limiting internet time. To do this, I'm setting a timer after work to  allow myself 60 minutes of down time.


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...