Friday, August 20, 2021

Was that the last 90+F August day?

 We took advantage of the 90+F Thursday afternoon and headed to the St. Croix river with the boat. Picked up the kids/and friends in Prescott, then drove the boat up the river to Hudson for dinner. We tried another restaurant, Caribbean food. Very good, but really spicy! 



I fixed the plane ticket oops I made when scheduling our departure. I had accidentally booked 9pm instead of a.m. so the next fight I could book is for 10am. Good enough as we only arrive 44 minutes later then had orig though! It only was a $6 dollar difference in price! Sooo glad I noticed the error and was able to easily correct it with a similar time flight! Still not 100% sure we won't have to cancel our trip come October. It all depends on Texas and their Covid numbers. Fingers crossed we will be able to travel! 


Celina and Don are off to try camping and set up this weekend. They have it all to do on their own. We have possible strong storms with hail and high winds tonight, so the plan is for them to leave to the lake early Saturday morning. They invited a few other friends to join them and will be home Sunday night. They will be using my SUV since its larger and can fit the camping equipment a lot more easily. 

I do love it up at the lake now that the shore line is 100% done. Just wish we had a cabin so rain/weather would not be an issue going up to the lake. Well, in 5 years or less we will be able to build something once our mortgage is paid off. I want to not add any debt, so this is the reason for waiting till our current mortgage is paid off first! While I would like to speed up the time, I also don't want to get older faster! So we will wait and just enjoy camping on the beach. Once the cabin is built we will be back staying up on the hill top since a cabin must be 100 ft from the shoreline. I do think we will need to build an outdoor kitchen down by the shore so we can have picnic lunches and dinners by the lake. 

Steve and I still don't have plans for this weekend. I've been use to going somewhere every weekend. So its a bit weird to not have plans or be traveling. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...